SiouxSports.com Forum

The Return of the Monster

bigmrg74

Well, another week here if everything goes well for the both of us, there should be another edition of Lakers Vs. Sioux. Good luck to you guys against the Red Mavericks and I'm pretty sure GVSU can handle that school in Vermillion.

I went to the USD at Northwood game, and well, I still think Northwood should have won that game. The Coyotes played a sloppy game, soft coverage on defense, high tackles, stupid penalties, and I'm not that sold on that QB they have there. Looks like to me that he just locks onto a receiver, just trys to chuck it deep, and doesn't make any reads to hit a WR on the sidelines for an easy fresh set of downs. You're not going to go deep in the playoffs by doing that.

Well, another week here if everything goes well for the both of us, there should be another edition of Lakers Vs. Sioux. Good luck to you guys against the Red Mavericks and I'm pretty sure GVSU can handle that school in Vermillion.

I went to the USD at Northwood game, and well, I still think Northwood should have won that game. The Coyotes played a sloppy game, soft coverage on defense, high tackles, stupid penalties, and I'm not that sold on that QB they have there. Looks like to me that he just locks onto a receiver, just trys to chuck it deep, and doesn't make any reads to hit a WR on the sidelines for an easy fresh set of downs. You're not going to go deep in the playoffs by doing that.

You certainly wouldn't think USD has any weakness according to some posters. Have a little success and now they are the team of the century! Your assessment is right on regarding the QB. He has a lot of talent but does lock into receivers quite often, when he rolls out of the pocket he does a much better job of reading coverage. Shephard is the guy however that is the one that will beat you (not that I think he will), Logan will get his yards. I do think that the Lakers are too fundamentally sound in their containment to only let Logan to get about 100 in the game. I hope McFadden goes nuts on Shephard all day long. If that happens it is pretty much game over. I really hope it is Sioux/Lakers V! I predict it will be GV 35 - USD 14. Good Luck GVSU!

Monster, looking forward to another matchup. Last year, security directed us to tailgating area which consisted of NOBODY else. Can you give directions to the real tailgating area? Any Sioux fans making the trip?

well, last year we had the problem of being up against the Michigan-Ohio St. game. Even though they where out of the national title hunt at the time, lots of people would have rathered sat at home to watch that on TV than to show up for a GVSU game. Thats why GVSU went to night games in the regular season, so we don't have that much conflict.

And well, yesterday, turnout for students was sickening. Had it farely decent turnout for the home side, and a tip of the hat to the USD fans for how well they traveled, but frankly, a lot of us was disappointed as to how many students came back for the game. Housing doesn't charge extra to stay over the break or to come back early, and I'm sure their moms could have given them a bunch of leftovers in those disposeable tubberwear containers to eat because all the eating options on campus were closed.

Oh well, turn out should be a lot better this weekend. Everybody is back on campus, Hunting season is winding down for us, and other than some whiners about the weather, we should be back up to making it look respectable for us. It probably won't have the gate breaking attendence this matchup deserves, but eh, always seems to be the nature of the beast this time of year isn't it?

You certainly wouldn't think USD has any weakness according to some posters. Have a little success and now they are the team of the century! Your assessment is right on regarding the QB. He has a lot of talent but does lock into receivers quite often, when he rolls out of the pocket he does a much better job of reading coverage. Shephard is the guy however that is the one that will beat you (not that I think he will), Logan will get his yards. I do think that the Lakers are too fundamentally sound in their containment to only let Logan to get about 100 in the game. I hope McFadden goes nuts on Shephard all day long. If that happens it is pretty much game over. I really hope it is Sioux/Lakers V! I predict it will be GV 35 - USD 14. Good Luck GVSU!

Not bad for a score prediction. Final score 35-17. Logan will get about 100 yards (actually got 93). McFadden has another solid day. And it will be Sioux/Lakers V.

I will have to make my prediction for this one later!

Not bad for a score prediction. Final score 35-17. Logan will get about 100 yards (actually got 93). McFadden has another solid day. And it will be Sioux/Lakers V.

I will have to make my prediction for this one later!

I'd pat you on the back but you seem to have done it pretty well yourself :D

BigmrG, my above statement was not meant in any way to implicate you. You seem to be really classy, knowledgeable fan. I do think what they are doing is crossing a line, however. Yell whatever you want at our players on Saturdays but away from the field I think it's best if fans just let the guys be.

Monster, looking forward to another matchup. Last year, security directed us to tailgating area which consisted of NOBODY else. Can you give directions to the real tailgating area? Any Sioux fans making the trip?

Most of the students tailgate in the lot (I think C) by the field house. Most of the alumni and gvfootball folks tailgate in the irwin lot, which is a "donation" lot you can pay for with season tickets. You can still go in there to visit, just can't park. Frankenstein and the rest of us are usually in the Irwin lot. It is past the tennis courts, before the entrance to the stadium, next to the practice field. Matt could probably post a map, he loves creating links. Stop by and say hello, same goes for the rest of you guys.

• 4 weeks later...
let me help...(finally PLUGGING in the generator! :D ) Power ON! All Systems GO!! OMG!!!! :lol:

It's alive....IT'S ALIVE!!! (take it from here monster! )

You do know you're still on my list for not coming up to me and saying, "My name is Sioux! How do you do??" :lol: That, and I had a beer waiting for ya in my pocket. :D:blush: