SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Badgers Brawl early '80s

kbjerke

Find Archie somewhere. His son took it from the house, and, in a bus on the way to a game, put it in the bus vcr and played it for his teammates. Must have been a riot on the bus, and a bet the team went on the ice fired up.

They play it all the time at the Italian Moon. They have a long tape put together of great highlights that have happened over the years.

Yeah buddy, they also have literally hundreds of games on tape or dvd. I know they have lots of stuff from the Hrck Circus era. I was in there one time and the manager was like "what do you want to watch". Man I was like a kind in a candy store. The beer and wings weren't bad either.

0ne of the best cheap shots ever!!!!! is from the 80s during a Badger/UMD game at the DECC when Wisconsons Goalie G.Baxter went crazy and just took a home run swing from behind, with his goalie stick an connected to the back of his head(ouch) I think it was UMDs forward M.Christiansen and it caused him to basicaly have to retire from hockey later on.... because of that hit!!!!! anyone remeber that?:glare:???

0ne of the best cheap shots ever!!!!! is from the 80s during a Badger/UMD game at the DECC when Wisconsons Goalie G.Baxter went crazy and just took a home run swing from behind, with his goalie stick an connected to the back of his head(ouch) I think it was UMDs forward M.Christiansen and it caused him to basicaly have to retire from hockey later on.... because of that hit!!!!! anyone remeber that???????

Nope. What happened to Baxter?

(Just for cynnicism's sake, anyone wanna guess at what action Don Adam would have taken if he had been officiating this game? If you said 2 minute minor for cross checking, you'd probably be right! :silly: )

Nope. What happened to Baxter?

(Just for cynnicism's sake, anyone wanna guess at what action Don Adam would have taken if he had been officiating this game? If you said 2 minute minor for cross checking, you'd probably be right! :silly: )

I was pretty young but I do remeber watching it with my uncle and it was when UMD was a great team!!!! so it must of been 84-85 and the one thing I do remember is no Bulldog players went after him, but I do think he got kicked out because of the cheap hit!!!!!and the score was like 8 to 1 and the game was basically over, I know it did happen I will do some more research and hopefully find out more facts on the game....

I didn't feel like starting a new thread for this. And I know there have been many of them before so I just thought I would throw it in here. It seems to fit.

Over the years I have had plenty of games recorded on VHS. But with all of the times I have moved in the last couple years I have lost many or they have been damanged. The others are wearing out. So I would like to get some of the games on DVD. I know plenty of people on here have talked about having them and being willing to burn them.

I am most interested in getting the National Championship games on DVD, including the women's basketball, football, and runner-up championship games.

If anyone wants to help me out plese just PM me. Thanks!