SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Maine Saturday Game Thread

kfah1

In 03-04 Maine started out the year 6-6 including losses to St. Lawrence, Northeastern...and a home sweep at the hands of North Dakota.

That year the team finished 20-13-7, and made the NCAA tournament. They lost in the regional semi-finals to UMN 1-0 in overtime at Mariucci Arena.

The 03-04 Maine team lost to Denver in the national championship game. You're talking about the 04-05 team that lost to Minnesota in the first round of the NCAA tournament at Mariucci. I should know...I was there wearing my Sioux jersey and Maine hat and was soundly boo'd by a pro-Gopher crowd when I was put on the big-screen.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A goaltender coach would disagree. Lamie appears to have a weak blocker side. If I was coaching against him, everything would be going blocker side, 14 inches off the ice.

And with Lammy, if at first you don't succeed, try again. I tried to keep track on Saturday and by my count, he froze the puck on the first shot three times the whole night. Games move right along with Lammy since he rarely freezes the puck to give the team a breather.

But the biggest problem he has is that he gives up big fat juicy rebounds constantly. If you disagree, you need to look at the games again, and especially the sixth goal from Friday night...classic Lammy. Instead of covering up the weak side shot on a two on one, he deflects it to the slot where it is promptly buried by the trailing player. Also, Saturday night's first goal was as weak as they come...five-holed from 40 feet...So I think you're being a bit generous in your assessment of his play this weekend when you say "NOT a single goal was his fault on Friday". But, I do agree he was hung out to dry a few times.

No matter whether you think Lammy is at fault or not, the fact remains that he still needs to stop the puck at critical times and allow a young team to make a few mistakes. Odd man rushes happen and are a part of the game. But so is freezing the puck in your zone when you have the opportunity so that you can get a line change for tired backcheckers, especially on the kill.

Hopefully he will bounce back from those performances. He certainly won't get away with giving up those ill-advised rebounds to teams like MN or Mankato or even MTU for that matter...

OK Lammy supporters, start ripping me. You always do.

Lammy needs to get himself a haircut and to stop thinking about his rock n' roll band.

Rock n' roll and long hair are sure signs of a lack of discipline.

A lack of discipline leads to a deterioration of focus.

A deterioration of focus leads to shakey goaltending.

Lammy did give up way way too many rebounds, at least from my vantage point.

Maybe that was Supertrex five rows back of me hollering about the rebounds all night long.

I could not agree more. Those blocker pad saves kicking back out to the slot are dangerous.

Just like long hair and rock n' roll.

Lammy needs to get himself a haircut and to stop thinking about his rock n' roll band.

Rock n' roll and long hair are sure signs of a lack of discipline.

A lack of discipline leads to a deterioration of focus.

A deterioration of focus leads to shakey goaltending.

Lammy did give up way way too many rebounds, at least from my vantage point.

Maybe that was Supertrex five rows back of me hollering about the rebounds all night long.

I could not agree more. Those blocker pad saves kicking back out to the slot are dangerous.

Just like long hair and rock n' roll.

Ok, i am not going to disagree with you that much but i have a question. What does long hair have to do with lack of discipline? They normally all have long hair by the end of the season, does that mean lack of discipline during the year? He did miss some rebounds and I am not saying that he had good games this weekend, i just fail to see the connection between his hair and his playing.

It probably was me...I'm a little bit embarrassed by that and I'll try to be quiet about it from now on...I all I know is that Hak has NOT asked me to be the goaltending coach so I need to just accept the goaltending performances and move on (and make sure my squirt goalie understands the concept of not clearing the puck back into the slot)... :)

Also, re: the long hair. Ryan Miller has long hair and last time I looked, it didn't effect his performances in the ice...Of course, if your hair is your problem, cut it off. Better to have short hair than to face the rath of God when his team loses on a soft goal...

I was watching Wayne's World the other night, and the name of Cassandra's Band is Crucial Taunt. I was sitting there thinking "Where have I heard that name before?" and then the lightbulb turned on.

Also, Supertrex, you would probably have an aneurysm if you were a 'Dogs fan right now. Talk about rebounds... yargh.