SiouxSports.com Forum

The crazy Malkin Story

AZSIOUX

I think it's great to see Evgeni Malkin in the NHL finally, he's going to be a great addition to the league's desire for offense and fan attraction. His offensive skills and explosive talent will put people on the edge of their seats, and breathless too. Malkin and Crosby together in Pittsburgh gives them a dangerous duo at center. Pittsburgh should be tough, if they can get solid goaltending and defense.

and breathless too. Malkin and Crosby together in Pittsburgh gives them a dangerous duo at center. Pittsburgh should be tough, if they can get solid goaltending and defense.

Breathless is a bit of a stretch. As far as Pittburgh's goaltending and defense is concerned, yes, it is a HUGE "if."

Besides Malkin as a favorite for rookie of the year, who else is there that might challenge him for it? Malkin is just my prediction, but I'm sure there are others out there who are just as capable of winning it.

I think they might actualy have Malkins name on it already.

In all reality Gilbert Brule may challenge. Possibly Kessel if he plays with Burgeron. Kopitar if he makes the kings out of camp.

It's actualy not that funny. People on here give him a ton of crap but the fact remains that he's one hell of a talent.

someone please carve malkins name on the statue right now, this kid will be in the same group as ovechkin and crosby half way through this upcoming season..........

• 2 weeks later...

bad luck for malkin....1st game ever and he was looking great, i believe a assist and then shortly after he ran into his own player on a fluke play, got upended and dislocated his shoulder and is out indefinitley......im sure the russians that didnt want him over here are loving it....

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=178294&hubname=nhl

• 4 weeks later...

Since I live in Pittsburgh...I went to the Game.

Malkin looks like he'll fit right in with the young pens team. Im not sure how often the glass behing the net breaks in the NHL, but in the 3rd he took a one-timer from the blueline and shattered the top of the glass. He should only get better and is going to be fun to watch! People are pumped about this young team in general.

But more interesting to this board...Zajak, Parise, and Hale, who was in the game program but I don't think I saw him (Eric Rasmussen, Paul Martin, Brian Gionta too) were representing UND and the WCHA (i may have missed another college player or two as well) with the Devils. Ya gotta love the college hockey connection the Devils have going.

Zajak and Parise were out together on the second power-play unit together...good stuff. No points, but they looked solid.

I was really hoping Pittsburgh would take Toews in the draft, as a result Ive been paying attention to Staal. A few days ago I read that Pittsburgh was probably going to be sending him back to juniors before he gets to 10 games...I hope he sticks. He's getting plenty of playing time and penalty-kill time too.

The Igloo was sold out tonight "officially" and was "unofficially" pretty close. This is good to see as they push to get a new rink and stay in town.

Go Sioux!

Since I live in Pittsburgh...I went to the Game.

Malkin looks like he'll fit right in with the young pens team. Im not sure how often the glass behing the net breaks in the NHL, but in the 3rd he took a one-timer from the blueline and shattered the top of the glass. He should only get better and is going to be fun to watch! People are pumped about this young team in general.

But more interesting to this board...Zajak, Parise, and Hale, who was in the game program but I don't think I saw him (Eric Rasmussen, Paul Martin, Brian Gionta too) were representing UND and the WCHA (i may have missed another college player or two as well) with the Devils. Ya gotta love the college hockey connection the Devils have going.

Zajak and Parise were out together on the second power-play unit together...good stuff. No points, but they looked solid.

I was really hoping Pittsburgh would take Toews in the draft, as a result Ive been paying attention to Staal. A few days ago I read that Pittsburgh was probably going to be sending him back to juniors before he gets to 10 games...I hope he sticks. He's getting plenty of playing time and penalty-kill time too.

The Igloo was sold out tonight "officially" and was "unofficially" pretty close. This is good to see as they push to get a new rink and stay in town.

Go Sioux!

If you go into the Former Players thread, you can look and find that David Hale is out with an eye injury.

EDIT: And no offense, but I'm glad Pittsburgh didn't draft Toews. I'm not altogether pleased that Chicago drafted him either. But then again, New Jersey can't trade up for every top player :) (Oh and before anyone comments, no, the Red Wings wouldn't draft Toews either. He doesn't hail from Sweden :()