SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher/Maine Game

MafiaMan

Get your a$$ up to Grand Forks for Homecoming and the Quinnipiac series. Put that Goofer hall of fame game 5h1t out of your head.

I'll be up there for the Sioux/Maine series, Shawn-O. Considering I typically make the Sioux @ St Cloud, Sioux @ Mariucci, and Sioux @ Mankato games every year, I must pick and choose carefully what games I want to attend in Grand Forks. Not every Sioux fan in Mpls/St Paul can afford to make a road trip to Grand Forks for what shouldn't exactly be a barnburner with a university that most people can't even spell (that being Quinnipiac) or locate on a map.

Are any Sioux fans headed to the X on Friday, October 6th, for the Golden Goopher/Maine game?

You are going to go to a Gopher game? cough*Gopher envy*cough! :blush::huh: Just kidding!

You'll have to stop by the tailgate lot across from Tom Reids and say hi.

Good things happened the last time the GOphers played Maine at the "X"! :lol:

I'll be up there for the Sioux/Maine series, Shawn-O. Considering I typically make the Sioux @ St Cloud, Sioux @ Mariucci, and Sioux @ Mankato games every year, one must pick and choose carefully. Not every Sioux fan in Mpls/St Paul can afford to make a road trip to Grand Forks for what shouldn't exactly be a barnburner with a university that most people can't even spell (that being Quinnipiac) or locate on a map.

Sorry, I should've added a smilie face, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. :blush: Maine will be a great series, hopefully they'll bring a good contingent from Orono, as UND brought out there a few years ago.

You are going to go to a Gopher game? cough*Gopher envy*cough! :love:;) Just kidding!

You'll have to stop by the tailgate lot across from Tom Reids and say hi.

Good things happened the last time the GOphers played Maine at the "X"! :)

I'm THINKING about going to a Gopher game. It's always fun to razz the locals. I went to the 1998 IceBreaker at Target Center and cheered wildly for Michigan against the Gophers that night. The guy sitting behind my friend and me was so annoyed that he actually demanded to see our tickets because he couldn't believe Michigan fans ended up in front of him. My buddy (who flew in from Ann Arbor for the game) turns around, shows him his stub, the guy practically throws it back at him, so he says "See? It's my seat. Now shut your pie-hole. Go Blue!". Hilarity. :D

Ask Greyeagle about the last time he saw me at a Maine/Minnesota game. I ended up on your hallowed Mariucci jumbo-tron sporting my green Sioux jersey and baby blue Maine baseball hat. :lol:

Good things happened the last time the Gophers played Maine at the X? But I thought Minnesota won the game.

• 2 weeks later...
Good things happened the last time the GOphers played Maine at the "X"! ;)

I remember it well. The rioting, the fires, the teargas, the rubber bullets. Lots of fun things after that game in Dinkytown. For the life of me, I can't remember who won the game ;)