SiouxSports.com Forum

Satellite Move for The Fighting Sioux Sports Network

cheesemover

3 games on G11 tonight

Mankato/Alaska 12083 H 6617

UMTC/JBSU 12126 V 6789

Bucky/Denver 12066 H 6789

Caught the UAA Mankato game tonight. Thanks for the headsup.

Quick question. Does Charter Cable usually have a feed on satellite or did they just do it because they were broadcasting back to Alaska?

Quick question. Does Charter Cable usually have a feed on satellite or did they just do it because they were broadcasting back to Alaska?

Normally I would say because they are beaming it back to Alaska but that made me think. G11 elevation in Anchorage is 6 degrees so I don't think that feed was for them. I checked G10 (where alot of Alaska and Hawaii feeds are) but it wasn't there.

But since there wasn't a feed on the western satellites, this probably was the feed for Alaska.

Any other hockey games on FTA tonight?

How do you find these other signals that pop up, Do you blind scan every satellite?

I blind scan a few of the satellites on Friday/Saturday nights. Most channels will use the same satellite for games (UMTC and Bucky like G11 this year) so I start scanning 1/2 hour before game time.

Sports feeds are usually on SBS6 (74), AMC5 (79), AMC2 (85), IA8 (89...Sioux satellite) and G11 (91). Saturdays I scan those all the time trying to find games. The Mankato one was a fluke last Friday. :huh:

havent found any other games yet tonight ;)

• 1 month later...

For those of you that use an FTA satellite system to get the FSSN, I'm just giving a heads up:

Tonight's Sioux basketball games are on the FSSN and the satellite coordinates have apparently changed. I don't know if it is just for this game, or if they will also be different for the next home hockey series against UAA. The coordinates for the FSSN tonight are as follows:

V

The Down Frequency is the only thing different, but I could not get tonight's game on the channel that was stored in my reciever that I've watched hockey, football, and the 1st basketball game on.

For those of you that use an FTA satellite system to get the FSSN, I'm just giving a heads up:

Tonight's Sioux basketball games are on the FSSN and the satellite coordinates have apparently changed. I don't know if it is just for this game, or if they will also be different for the next home hockey series against UAA. The coordinates for the FSSN tonight are as follows:

V

The Down Frequency is the only thing different, but I could not get tonight's game on the channel that was stored in my reciever that I've watched hockey, football, and the 1st basketball game on.

Worked OK for me last night with no change. It was funny - I was watching the St. Lawrence game on DVD when I noticed that I was receiving a signal from FSSN. I forgot that these games were being broadcast as I just happened to be in my Sioux TV room when it came on.

• 4 weeks later...

V

I know I'm a little late but each LNB is different and has some "float" especially due to temperatures. I've picked up the Sioux feed on 12044 (the legit one) but 12043, 12042 and even 12046.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm a little late but each LNB is different and has some "float" especially due to temperatures. I've picked up the Sioux feed on 12044 (the legit one) but 12043, 12042 and even 12046.

Hey Iceberg? What do you think will be the best satellite to try and scan this weekend.

Does DU have a typical sat and transponder they broadcast on?

• 3 weeks later...