SiouxSports.com Forum

Next Coaching Hire

UND Fan

The following is not a racist comment:

I would not be surprised if the next coaching replacement at UND is an African American. Someone who may have greater success in recruiting black players to Grand Forks. To be successful in DIAA, we will need more speed and athleticism!

Comments from Bison fans are not necessary! We know that you have had good luck in this area.

The following is not a racist comment:

I would not be surprised if the next coaching replacement at UND is an African American. Someone who may have greater success in recruiting black players to Grand Forks. To be successful in DIAA, we will need more speed and athleticism!

Comments from Bison fans are not necessary! We know that you have had good luck in this area.

Is that the quote from that Air Force Academy football coach?

Trust me, race has nothing to do with athleticism and speed. It all has to do with God given gifts.

Tim Dwight is pretty fast and he's white.

Tony Gonzalez is Latino and he's pretty darn athletic.

Is that the quote from that Air Force Academy football coach?

Trust me, race has nothing to do with athleticism and speed. It all has to do with God given gifts.

Tim Dwight is pretty fast and he's white.

Tony Gonzalez is Latino and he's pretty darn athletic.

This certainly isn't anything worth debating so I will respond once. If you care to respond to mine, go ahead but this is the last you will hear from me on this subject.

While there are absolutely a ton of very talented and fast white football players (I guess this applies to many sports), just take a look at the high % of blacks in the defensive and offensive backfields of DI and DIAA college teams and NFL teams. Take a look at any NCAA national track meet or professional meet in the USA, the vast majority of those in the finals are black. I don't think this is a fluke!

I am done with this discussion!

I don't think that UND FAN's comment should be taken as racist. It's a valid point that as UND needs to reach into area like Milwaukee, Chicago, Des Moines, Denver, ect with the move to DI. That more and more recruits will be non-white. It's certainly something to think about if any AC coaching job opens in FB or BB.

I think that we all agree that there are many great white athletes.

That's my perspective as well. I don't care what race the person is. To me, it is a complete nonfactor.

I had said I wouldn't comment again on this but I will - only to agree with you and Sicatoka. UND has done a great job over the years of bringing in good kids with great character who wanted a quality education. Kids that were proud to be a member of a Fighting Sioux team. It has been very rare when one of them have embarrassed themselves or the University.

With our move to DI, I certainly hope that tradition continues - whatever race the young man or woman may be!