SiouxSports.com Forum

Official thread of D-I budgets / expenses

jimdahl

The only potential problem I see for USD (other than the need for a new bball arena down the road, just like NDSU) is that they have a 62% female enrollment.

I believe that means that 62% of the athletic budget must be spent on women's programs. Right? Is that what title IX says?

SDSU only has 52% women (NDSU 45%, UND 47%).

I think that when USD annouces DI the money from alumni doners coming out of the woodwork will increase.

IMO, the fate of NDSU, SDSU, UND, and USD seems to be bounded together in a dakota dominated Mid Con conference. Just like the NCC of old.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only potential problem I see for USD (other than the need for a new bball arena down the road, just like NDSU) is that they have a 62% female enrollment.

I believe that means that 62% of the athletic budget must be spent on women's programs. Right? Is that what title IX says?

I think that when USD annouces DI the money from alumni doners coming out of the woodwork will increase.

IMO, the fate of NDSU, SDSU, UND, and USD seems to be bounded together in a dakota dominated Mid Con conference. Just like the NCC of old.

Not according to some of the comments I've read in Bisonville.................. UND will make the move to Dl and with no conference to be had, they will be an independent for years and years........ that's what they're hoping for anyways. There is a hatred for UND down in bison land, they don't want anything to do with us anymore.

That's nothing but a pipe dream. USD has even bigger $$$$ issues then UND. Your wishful thinking is clouding your ability to think clearly.

Did you see the sales tax report for the first quarter of 2006. Of the 4 largest cities gf brings up the rear with only 3.3 % increase. Not even keeping up with inflation. Like I said stagnant.

Fargo 413.1 6.1%

Bismark 246 13.7%

gf 180 3.3%

Minot 138 8.9%

Anyone who is so immature that they refuse to capitalize GF is not worth listening to.