SiouxSports.com Forum

HC jersey distribution from GF

YaneA

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is Ok to wear a HC jersey to a game in which they are not even playing?

You compare a player getting a potentially life ending, potentially career ending injury that did result in major surgery with losing a game?! I think it's ok to enjoy a historical lose by a rival, the #1 ranked team in the country who lost to the # 18 ranked team in the country. I do not think it's ok to make fun of a player who fell due to a cheap shot and ended up losing a year of a 'normal' life.

I guess I'm stupid or something because I don't see the similarities. Please, explain it to me.

Did you guys get a deal for ordering that many jerseys at a time. A bunch of us Gopher fans are going to order HC T-Shirts to wear when you guys come down just to show we don't care. I see they are $18 on the net which isn't too bad anyways. :)

Say, can you provide a link to that site? I want to pick up a couple dozen for some friends. ;)

Nobody has even worn their HC jersey to the John, and Gopher fans are already upset.

Priceless. ;)

Thats the thing, I think it's HILARIOUS that you guys are going to spend that kind of money just to try to get under our skin.

Spending money on a Holy Cross "Bible Thumper" jersey= TOO MUCH.

Wearing them to Mariucci next season to try to get a rise out of Gopher fans= STUPID

A bunch of Gopher fans having Holy Cross t-shirts on at half the price to shove it back in their faces= PRICELESS! :):D

you said jerseys genious, not t-shirts earlier....and some people like collecting jerseys and what a great jersey to have after the biggest choke job in NCAA history, oh yeah, what the hell is it to you on how much people spend on hockey jerseys, congrats on your 18.00 t-shirt, im sure you will look great in it :D

im sure if the sioux lost to holy cross at mariucci you guys would never bring it up......its all in fun in the long run as you know being a fan so why the hell do you even care

nice commercial post as well ABOVE, very original

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH PRICELESS UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH STUPID

Thats the thing, I think it's HILARIOUS that you guys are going to spend that kind of money just to try to get under our skin.

Spending money on a Holy Cross "Bible Thumper" jersey= TOO MUCH.

Wearing them to Mariucci next season to try to get a rise out of Gopher fans= STUPID

A bunch of Gopher fans having Holy Cross t-shirts on at half the price to shove it back in their faces= PRICELESS! :):D

Why is it you all have to refer to Holy Cross as "Bible Thumpers"? They are just another college, that happens to be a Catholic college, that happened to have kicked Minnesota's A$$! And don't worry what type of apparel the Sioux fans choose to buy and wear. I will wait, and look forward to see the day the MN fans wear HC t shirts...like that will ever happen.

Why is it you all have to refer to Holy Cross as "Bible Thumpers"? They are just another college, that happens to be a Catholic college, that happened to have kicked Minnesota's A$$! And don't worry what type of apparel the Sioux fans choose to buy and wear. I will wait, and look forward to see the day the MN fans wear HC t shirts...like that will ever happen.

When I see the name Holy Cross it just kind of sticks out you know. Yeah, they may have kicked Minnesota's ass but thats what happens when you have god on you're side. :) I'll order a Holy Cross shirt, besides, you can't have too many hockey shirts....even you all have to agree on that. :D

When I see the name Holy Cross it just kind of sticks out you know. Yeah, they may have kicked Minnesota's ass but thats what happens when you have god on you're side. :) I'll order a Holy Cross shirt, besides, you can't have too many hockey shirts....even you all have to agree on that. :D

No doubt there.

What Gopher fan would wear a Holy Cross t-shirt?

Seriously.....

"Hey guys, let's wear Holy Cross t-shirts to the game against the Sioux"

Hello pot, this is kettle. :)

We can dance like this all night so I'll just end it now. I can't wait to see all the Holy Cross jerseys at Mariucci in January. Oh well, something else we can all agree on....is is October yet? ;)

Hello pot, this is kettle. :)

We can dance like this all night so I'll just end it now. I can't wait to see all the Holy Cross jerseys at Mariucci in January. Oh well, something else we can all agree on....is is October yet? ;)

Hi Kettle, it sure didn't take you long to get home from Latvia. I guess the one move didn't work out so well over there either. I guess even the Swedes had it figured out this time.

A bunch of Gopher fans having Holy Cross t-shirts on at half the price to shove it back in their faces

You get a bunch of Gopher fans to wear Holy Cross t-shirts to a UND-UMTC hockey game and I will applaud them for having a sense of humor and being able to laugh at themselves.

You get a bunch of Gopher fans to wear Holy Cross t-shirts to a UND-UMTC hockey game and I will applaud them for having a sense of humor and being able to laugh at themselves.

Exactly. For me it was about 15 minutes of total anger and frustration when the game ended but the next day I got over it. Plus a part of me was kind of happy for Holy Cross, I mean that was a huge victory for them.....I wasn't happy at that moment though but a few days after I realized that. :)

Besides that, I and most people that know me are laughing at me all the time so it really would not be any different. ;)

As a Gopher fan, I would much rather have Sioux fans wearing HC jerseys at Mariucci next year instead of their Sioux gear. Puprple goes well with mullets and Nascar hats. While reading through this thread and the other HC threads on here, it's hard for me to believe that I'm on a website for one of the most tradition rich and greatest college hockey programs of all time. The inferiority complex that you people have for the University of Minnesota just baffles me.

Look, I know the back to back NCAA titles pissed you all off, and I know you're still pissed about Parise and Bochenski leaving town without a ring... and I know you're all still upset that Vanek won ROTY over God and that Kessel won ROTY over Toews and Oshie. And I know you're a little pissed off about the Sioux managing only a .333 winning % against Minnesota at the new Ralph. But really people, you guys have the Gophers on your minds more than St. Cloud State and Duluth fans combined. It's truly pathetic.

You all need to wake up tomorrow, get over the depressing feeling that living in Grand Forks brings, and get a life. You're the only fanbase of one of the top programs in the country that doesn't act like one.

Exactly. For me it was about 15 minutes of total anger and frustration when the game ended but the next day I got over it. Plus a part of me was kind of happy for Holy Cross, I mean that was a huge victory for them.....I wasn't happy at that moment though but a few days after I realized that. :)

Besides that, I and most people that know me are laughing at me all the time so it really would not be any different. ;)

That is the same reaction I think (and hope) that I would have in a similar situation. But you have to admit that not all of your fellow Gopher fans have the same sense of humor. Sioux fans in Holy Cross jerseys and shirts is just a good natured jab at a rival. Plus they are great souvenirs of the first... and maybe last NC$$ Regional tournament held in Grand Forks. It was one of the most memorable nights of hockey played so far at the Ralph. :D

As a Gopher fan, I would much rather have Sioux fans wearing HC jerseys at Mariucci next year instead of their Sioux gear. Puprple goes well with mullets and Nascar hats. While reading through this thread and the other HC threads on here, it's hard for me to believe that I'm on a website for one of the most tradition rich and greatest college hockey programs of all time. The inferiority complex that you people have for the University of Minnesota just baffles me.

Look, I know the back to back NCAA titles pissed you all off, and I know you're still pissed about Parise and Bochenski leaving town without a ring... and I know you're all still upset that Vanek won ROTY over God and that Kessel won ROTY over Toews and Oshie. And I know you're a little pissed off about the Sioux managing only a .333 winning % against Minnesota at the new Ralph. But really people, you guys have the Gophers on your minds more than St. Cloud State and Duluth fans combined. It's truly pathetic.

You all need to wake up tomorrow, get over the depressing feeling that living in Grand Forks brings, and get a life. You're the only fanbase of one of the top programs in the country that doesn't act like one.

Excuse me while put on my waders, the $hit is getting way too deep around here!!

Thanks for the advice. I am just glad that I am not so obsessed with a rival that I would go on one of their fan web sites and try to insult them. And living in Grand Forks isn't so bad. At least you can have a life instead of sitting in a car during rush hour traffic for an hour or more every day.

That is the same reaction I think (and hope) that I would have in a similar situation. But you have to admit that not all of your fellow Gopher fans have the same sense of humor. Sioux fans in Holy Cross jerseys and shirts is just a good natured jab at a rival. Plus they are great souvenirs of the first... and maybe last NC$$ Regional tournament held in Grand Forks. It was one of the most memorable nights of hockey played so far at the Ralph. :D

Oh yeah, I'm sure there will be plenty of fans there that will not be very appreciative of it. Of course half the fans at Mariucci will not even know what you guys are doing because they will not even know what the Holy Cross jersey is for, Corpies tend to not even pay attention and the students are too busy comparing who's Abercrombie & Fitch shirt is nicer and if he or she should wear their hair this way or that. :D

As far as memorable nights, I do remember how loud it was in there when Holy Cross got the game winning goal, I have NEVER heard the Ralph as loud as it was that night.....it was CRAZY loud.

No obsession coming from this post of yours. :)

Oh yeah, I'm sure there will be plenty of fans there that will not be very appreciative of it. Of course half the fans at Mariucci will not even know what you guys are doing because they will not even know what the Holy Cross jersey is for, Corpies tend to not even pay attention and the students are too busy comparing who's Abercrombie & Fitch shirt is nicer and if he or she should wear their hair this way or that. :)

As far as memorable nights, I do remember how loud it was in there when Holy Cross got the game winning goal, I have NEVER heard the Ralph as loud as it was that night.....it was CRAZY loud.

I think it would be more fun to wear the Holy Cross stuff to the Final Five for a UMTC game against anyone but UND. 1) I would rather wear green when facing the maroon. 2) There would probably be more people in the building that would enjoy the joke.

Your description of Mariucci sounds a lot like the Ralph for a regular season game. I guess that is one of the downsides of the new larger buildings in college hockey. I used to go to the old Mariucci a lot for games, but I have never had a chance to get in the new building. I was living in the Cities when it opened but you couldn't find a ticket in those days. The old Mariucci was a lot of fun, just like the old Ralph.

Sorry to hear that you don't enjoy the new as well as the old. If you're going to worry about what other people are doing at the games, I guess that does take away from the fun.

As for myself, I have a fantastic time at the Ralph. I'm there to watch good hockey, cheer on the team and be with family and friends.

Who gives a rats a$$ if the students are too drunk to watch the game or the 'rich corporates' are too busy schmoozing to watch the game. Geeze, let it go already, quit your bitchin' and have fun!!! :)