SiouxSports.com Forum

Signs of Community Support for UND

Cratter

When I was in Columbus, OH for the Frozen Four I was pretty amazed at the amount of community support they had for OSU. At the local McDonalds they had a giant "O" build into the ceiling painted red.

In Grand Forks, support is definately not lacking.

WalMart has (might be removed now with the construction of superwalmart) a giant old geometry Sioux logo painted on the wall above the concession area.

The Gateway Drive BurgerKing, Italian Moon, Suite 49, are all plastered with Sioux Heritage.

The laudrymat attached to the motel across the street from the RiverCities Speedway is called something like "Siouxper Laundry." (someone can correct me)

What sign of support have you noticed for UND in GF or otherwise?

Is this greater or less than other colleges you may be familiar with?

Bonzer's is a good place to see some Fighting Sioux memorabilia on the walls. Also, the laudromat a couple blocks east of THE Red Pepper on University has a collection of pennants, posters, etc. up on the walls. Go into Hugo's on a game day and usually all the workers at the check-out are wearing the Sioux Green and White.