SiouxSports.com Forum

Championship Game Ticket Question

LFSPRO

We are not able to make the Thursday games due to work. When the Sioux play on Saturday we want to get to the game. What are the chances of finding tickets if WI is the opponent? Does anybody have a lead on five tickets for Saturday?

I've heard, either on the radio or TV, that the event is sold out.
It's been formally sold out for months. But there''s always a secondary market for the frozen four tickets, just because people are forced to purchase as many as they think they might need, almost a year in advance. If Wisconsin wins, I'm guessing it'll be sort of like 2002. Just be glad if you all get in, and try not to think about what you spent to do it!

Which is why you, in particular, should root for Maine. Not only will you 5 be sitting together, but you'll have your choice of which 5-seat block to buy :lol:

alot of both losing team's fans will depart with their Saturday tickets.

I'm not sure about that. I can't speak for all Mainers, but I'm going to all 3 sessions no matter what happens. A lot of people have group travel arrangements that can't easily be changed. I could pay the airline to change my ticket, I guess, but I wouldn't be willing to pay through the nose to do it. Most of us are in Milwaukee no matter what. And, seriously, no offense intended, but if you're a hockey fan, and you're stuck in Milwaukee for 3-4 days (and you've already seen Chicago several times) . . . what are you going to do EXCEPT watch the games? If Wisco loses, that eliminates the #1 market for ticket buyers. So even if you are a ticket scalping loser type, you'll be lucky just to break even. Wisconsin losing is the #1 scenario - by FAR - for folks looking to swoop in at the last minute and get tix.

$.02

I'm not sure about that. I can't speak for all Mainers, but I'm going to all 3 sessions no matter what happens. A lot of people have group travel arrangements that can't easily be changed. I could pay the airline to change my ticket, I guess, but I wouldn't be willing to pay through the nose to do it. Most of us are in Milwaukee no matter what. And, seriously, no offense intended, but if you're a hockey fan, and you're stuck in Milwaukee for 3-4 days (and you've already seen Chicago several times) . . . what are you going to do EXCEPT watch the games? If Wisco loses, that eliminates the #1 market for ticket buyers. So even if you are a ticket scalping loser type, you'll be lucky just to break even. Wisconsin losing is the #1 scenario - by FAR - for folks looking to swoop in at the last minute and get tix.

$.02

Your probably right, but I just remember last year when Minny got beat by us on Thursday - the section they had filled that night - which included their band (so that was alot all by themslves)- was empty on Saturday. Thats probably just Minny fans though as they don't even show up when their team is playing in the consolation game.

BTW - I met alot of Maine fans there which I thought was pretty cool. They were all great folks.

Your probably right, but I just remember last year when Minny got beat by us on Thursday - the section they had filled that night - which included their band (so that was alot all by themslves)- was empty on Saturday.

BTW - I met alot of Maine fans there which I thought was pretty cool. They were all great folks.

There are a bunch of us every year :lol: We've been a little bit snakebitten lately (and if you're in St. Paul, you don't need me to tell you!), but the team keeps getting to the FF (99-00-02-04-06) and we keep buying tix.

I don't know if Maine has a great shot this year. But there's always hope. It seems that the years you expect to do well (2004) don't always go as planned, and other times your team wins it when you didn't really expect it (1999). So who knows. Either way, it's my favorite weekend of hockey each year.

Jim Dahl, if you're lurking, this is a great site. Wish one of us was as skilled (and motivated) to do something similar to siouxsports

There is talk of people from UND buying tickets from BC if we win. I was told that someone was in contact with BC & that they would be willing to sell their tickets. So if you know of someone who is going to the game on Thursday, maybe they could hook you up with some tickets from BC.

We are not able to make the Thursday games due to work. When the Sioux play on Saturday we want to get to the game. What are the chances of finding tickets if WI is the opponent? Does anybody have a lead on five tickets for Saturday?

I am in the same boat as you my friend. I can't make it to Thursday's game either, but will be heading up if we beat BC. I am a huge Black Bear fan this Thursday!!!