SiouxSports.com Forum

Biggest Upset Ever?

siouxnami

Which was a bigger upset?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which was a bigger upset Holy Cross or USA?

• Holy Cross defeats Minnesota (2006)
    • USA defeats USSR (1980)

Yeah, the 1980 USA vs USSR was huge upset but dam^ it, that was then and this is now. Holy Cross stunned the Gophers and their fans. Soooo, this week end, this place, these players and this tournament, I say it's the Holy Cross vs UM game that's the biggest upset. Way to go Crusaders (and be prepared for your season to end tonight)!!!!

No way you can go against the Miracle on Ice.

Unfortunately, the Gophers ran into a good HC team that played their game very well. It happens. It happened against Alaska-Fairbanks to start the year, and it happened to end the season against HC. Oh well. I love watching Gopher hockey, but I'm over it. I'm more bummed about the fact that I might not get to see Potulny and Irmen dress in the maroon and gold anymore. Also hate to lose hard working, classy guys like Guyer, Sertich, Atherton, and Harrington too. That's a part of college sports though... here's to 2006-2007!

I was on the corner where the OT goal was scored.....the Gophers looked a lot like the Russians did watching Holy Cross celebrate.

I'm glad I got to see that game.

Mr. HockeyMom was in the concourse when the HC players came out after the game and he said that it was incredible to see how excited they were.

Unfortunately, the Gophers ran into a good HC team that played their game very well. It happens. It happened against Alaska-Fairbanks to start the year, and it happened to end the season against HC. Oh well. I love watching Gopher hockey, but I'm over it. I'm more bummed about the fact that I might not get to see Potulny and Irmen dress in the maroon and gold anymore. Also hate to lose hard working, classy guys like Guyer, Sertich, Atherton, and Harrington too. That's a part of college sports though... here's to 2006-2007!

I believe your signature is in need of an update. ;)

===================

After Saturday's game, it may get difficult to regain some 'Fer fans back as I noticed close to a dozen sporting 'hand-made' Holy Cross T-Shirts and chanting "HOLY CROSS - HOLLY CROSS" throughout the game. They may have been converted? Obviously a retaliation to Sioux-per support for HC on Friday, but I thought that was so so cool! Solid hockey and 'Spirit' propelled HC. Playing the game in front of you and not jumping ahead to the next game was the difference-AGAIN!