SiouxSports.com Forum

Other Tournament Games

Siouxdonyms

They must have stopped counting after regulation because I thought the announcers said that Wisconsin has 53 shots after 5 periods. Maybe I heard wrong.

Oh maybe. I just got back from walking my dog and checked the NCAA tracker, and that's what they listed for shots. (I didn't mistake them for goals this time at least!) ;)

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the BU-SLU game in 2000 (I think) was the longest NCAA tourny game. Wasn't that one like 4 OT's? I remember leaving the Pepsi center in Albany after the 1st OT (had to work in the morning) and when I got home in Hartford (1.5 hours later) the game was still going.

Who knows with some of the announcers and analysts they dug out this year, but that is what they announced anyway. Maybe they meant to say longest scoreless game.

I believe it is Bowling Green and UMD in the national Championship game.

From the UMD Athletic site:

March 24, 1984. Making its inaugural appearance in the finals of the NCAA Championships, Minnesota-Duluth falls 5-4 in four overtimes to Bowling Green in Lake Placid, NY. The 97-minute, 11-second game was, at the time, the longest in NCAA post-season history. Freshman goaltender Rick Kosti turns back a tournament-record 55 shots in the setback.

I believe it is Bowling Green and UMD in the national Championship game.

From the UMD Athletic site:

Yeah, that's the longest title game by far. Never before or since has a title game lasted more than 83 minutes. FYI they played 10 minute overtimes...that's how they fit 7 periods into 97:11 ;)