SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey News Article

kfah1

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2006...19_michigan.php

Hope this link works.

I thought this was an interesting article, just to get a perspective of what U of M thinks about playing at and against North Dakota.

I've seen them play a few time this year also, just recently at the CCHA tournament. I felt they have had some inconsistencies (mentioned by others already) but have had some strong periods during the games that I've watched. However; those strong periods did not get them the win. Beating Northern Michigan this past Saturday, I was not overly impressed with their overall game (meaning I don't believe they have as strong an overall game as the Sioux.)

However; they are looking only to the Sioux at this point (as we know the Sioux are only looking at U of M at this point).

It will be one heck of a game and the Wolverines won't be a knock over but the Sioux will prevail.

Just wanted to share the article in case you haven't seen it.

GO SIOUX!!

"We had a good start in the game and that was huge for us.

We had two goals in the first couple of minutes, and that didn't really give the crowd a chance to get in the game. It's always huge on the road to keep the fans out of it. It'll be a good test for us. We were playing in New Hampshire's home rink when we beat them and we're playing in North Dakota's rink this weekend.

I guess they didn't see the St. Cloud and Wisconsin games yet have they.

He's just saying they're used to playing in front of big crowds and in big arenas (in contrast to programs like Holy Cross that may be intimidated playing in REA).

Red also said:

We're going to have to go out and play in a spectacular building. North Dakota is as good a team as there is in the country right now.
"This will be a tough game for him going there with the way that North Dakota can score. With their home record and all the goals that they've scored at home, they're a terrific team.

"Noah has to play," Berenson said. "He's our starting goalie right now and he's winning. You keep hearing about

[Jordan]Parise [from North Dakota] and [boston College's] Corey Schneider and how great of goalkeeping they have right now.

I thought he was very complimentary.

He's just saying they're used to playing in front of big crowds and in big arenas (in contrast to programs like Holy Cross that may be intimidated playing in REA).

In looking at their schedule who are the big crowds and the big venues? In just checking the only big venue in the league is Nebraska Omaha and they're still only averaging half of the attendence at the Ralph.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendance.php

In looking at their schedule who are the big crowds and the big venues? In just checking the only big venue in the league is Nebraska Omaha and they're still only averaging half of the attendence at the Ralph.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendance.php

They have had games in front of large crowds though. They play at Joe Louis Arena during Thanksgiving in the College Hockey Showcase Classic (I think that's the name of that tournament), and that has large crowds. That's probably the biggest they've seen this year. Like us, they do have 13 freshman, but I'm sure they're beyond the dazzling stage due to larger arenas. Red will have his team focused on hockey on Friday, so we simply need to do the same thing, and play our game.

The thing is that he was just throwing things out there. What's funny is that the reporter just wrote things down. It'd be pretty easy to verify the strength of the CCHA. It'd be pretty easy to check out the size of their venues.

Basically it's an embarassment to the reporter and the website.

I'm pretty sure he'll have his team ready to play. It doesn't mean anything except gives us something to make fun of.