SiouxSports.com Forum

Prohibition

Fetch

They would whine no matter where they ended up......Just upset becaue they have to leave the Twin Cities area. I hear they are also whinning that the Sioux got the primtime slot. Which is no different from when the Goofers get the primetime slot in Goofer terrritory, When they aren't the #1 seed...

Go Sioux!!!!!!

I think we all whine about where our team has to play and how they get seeded, etc. I for one whine every year that the gophers make the final five since it is in their hometown. And I whine when they get the regional every other year and the frozen four every five years or whatever. I think whining is just part of being a fan.

Let them whine, let's just win....

I think we all whine about where our team has to play and how they get seeded, etc. I for one whine every year that the gophers make the final five since it is in their hometown. And I whine when they get the regional every other year and the frozen four every five years or whatever. I think whining is just part of being a fan.

It was great to hear the Gofers (and fans) whine about having to play the early game on Saturday...I'm actually surprised they didn't play the Final at 2:30... :D

I wasn't really talking about the fans, I really was referring to their Head Coach. When fans whine I agree that just part of being a fan, but when the coach takes it up with the NCAA that's really whining on a whole new level.

I just heard that you better wet your whistle before the game as there will be No Beer sold :D Unless your in a Suite or have seats in the Bar :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooo!!! :ohmy:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all #1 seeds get the early game. This allows them the most rest heading into the regional final. This is assuming that they win of course. :D

NEWSFLASH to the gopher fans who are complaining: This is an advantage!!

I believe this to be accurate as well...at least this is what I've read on other sites (GPL for one).

This is ridiculous. First, the NCAA wants to take away the Sioux name and logo, then they want to take away our alcohol. Why don't they just take away our lives!!!:D:ohmy:

yeah, what Marty said, why doesn't the NC$$ just kick our dogs while they are at it :D

I wasn't really talking about the fans, I really was referring to their Head Coach. When fans whine I agree that just part of being a fan, but when the coach takes it up with the NCAA that's really whining on a whole new level.

Direct me to proof that he was whining? You really think that he doesn't want to get the extra rest into his team before playing the winner of the UND/Michigan game the next night? I believe it is to the gophers (or the #1 seed in any case) who WANT the early game. Check the schedule. The #1 seeds all play the early game. I don't think anyone was whining about having to play the early game.

Just break out your old wine skin, fill it with your favorite adult beverage, and modify it to look like a colostomy bag. Then we will see just how far the REA Nazis are willing to go with their detailed searches. :D

This is probably an image I could've done without. Not a bad idea, but not at all a pretty picture!

Here is the story from the paper...

Alcohol Rules

NCAA rules regarding alcohol sales during games also will be different than for regular-season Sioux games.

Semrau said alcoholic beverages will be served only in the suites and the club lounges. No alcohol will be sold in the concourse, and the standing bar will be closed during the games, so those in attendance will need to have a ticket for a suite or clubhouse to purchase alcohol.

Gopher fans whining about the Sioux getting the primetime slot in the regional is every bit as lame as Sioux fans who whine about the Gophers getting the primetime slot in the Final Five every year. I think the home team should get the primetime slot wherever any given tournament is taking place.

EXACLTY!

What I really want to know is how the 'Sconnie fans will get by without beer for that amount of time. They'll start eating their young they'll be going through alchohol withdrawals!

I for one am not a whiner about having to go to the Ralph, I think it's a great roadtrip. And lets face it, the Gophers luck at the Ralph has not been that bad overall.....but it is tourney time, anything can happen.

Direct me to proof that he was whining? You really think that he doesn't want to get the extra rest into his team before playing the winner of the UND/Michigan game the next night? I believe it is to the gophers (or the #1 seed in any case) who WANT the early game. Check the schedule. The #1 seeds all play the early game. I don't think anyone was whining about having to play the early game.

WHINING? Odd, considering we pretty much knew for the last few weeks the chances of us NOT going to GF was pretty low...and I'd RATHER have the extra rest, to further beat up on the team that comes out of the evil "M" and UND game... :ohmy:

W