SiouxSports.com Forum

USCHO

jimdahl

I use it for scores and stats mostly as well. I think about a year ago they teamed up with CSTV which is owned by CBS. Hence all the other sports being added. One nice thing I noticed if you go to www.cstv.com and client on What is CSTV? a video comes up and there is a scene of the mighty SIOUX Fans.

NCAA Champs

2006 ?

I use it for scores and stats mostly as well. I think about a year ago they teamed up with CSTV which is owned by CBS. Hence all the other sports being added. One nice thing I noticed if you go to www.cstv.com and client on What is CSTV? a video comes up and there is a scene of the mighty SIOUX Fans.

NCAA Champs

2006 ?

Side note: every sioux fan should sign up (at http://www.cstv.com/cstv/petition.html) to send a message to cable operators about CSTV. The petition even mentions "Fighting Sioux."

Having a lot of "favorite school" as UND can't hurt get future games on CSTV.

Edit: i guess you have to go here http://www.cstv.com/cstv/ and then click petition in the right hand side.

Side note: every sioux fan should sign up (at http://www.cstv.com/cstv/petition.html) to send a message to cable operators about CSTV. The petition even mentions "Fighting Sioux."

Thanks for the advice. Just signed up!!

Side note: Since games are webcast I recentely found out I can connect my LapTop to my big screen and wacth the games on the TV instead of my LapTop. Picture quaility was ok. But this gives me another reason to convince my wife we need a Hi-def TV for next season.

Side note: Since games are webcast I recentely found out I can connect my LapTop to my big screen and wacth the games on the TV instead of my LapTop. Picture quaility was ok. But this gives me another reason to convince my wife we need a Hi-def TV for next season.

Ah...not an expert on the HDTVs, but I believe that the channel has to play it in HD for it to work on HDTV. Computer webcasts are definitely not HDTV. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but your recent discovery is rather old news. The larger the screen, the worse the resolution will be, so I don't think the HDTV would make it any better. With that being said, I'm all for guys getting the toys they like, so don't tell your wife anything different, and just play dumb after you already get the TV. :lol:

Ah...not an expert on the HDTVs, but I believe that the channel has to play it in HD for it to work on HDTV. Computer webcasts are definitely not HDTV. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but your recent discovery is rather old news. The larger the screen, the worse the resolution will be, so I don't think the HDTV would make it any better. With that being said, I'm all for guys getting the toys they like, so don't tell your wife anything different, and just play dumb after you already get the TV. :lol:

You are right about the game needing to be brodcast in HD. My wife does not know this and I didn't get the the name Snake for being totally honest about everthing. Especialy when means I can go from a 36" TV to a 65" TV. You know "boys need toys" !!

But when you hook your laptop (or any computer) up to a standard TV it looks like crap (your monitor has a better resolution). So if you were to get an HDTV the computer screen would look ten times better to watch the webcast.

But when you hook your laptop (or any computer) up to a standard TV it looks like crap (your monitor has a better resolution). So if you were to get an HDTV the computer screen would look ten times better to watch the webcast.

I wouldn't say crap. Using a Laptop is a cheap alternative to driving around the country to watch the games in person or adding another dish to the side of the house at this time. You see the whole idea is to get the new TV. find out the pcture isn't much better then before and then get the new dish that picks up FSSN. Alos with the new PS3 coming out next fall EA Sports NHL hockey will be awesome on a giant TV.