SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA first round

siouxguyinstpaul

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UMN, UW, and DU will all sweep. EASILY. UAA and UMD won't put up much. Maybe UAA will take a game. I don't know if UMD will garner a LEAD in a game much less win one (sorry RWTD and UMDDogz). MTU is intriguing. They played well enough on Friday but couldn't crack the Sioux. I'm thinking that they could take a game from UW, but it's unlikely unless Elliott is still out of sync. If MTU does take the series, look for UW to still make the NCAAs, but they will do so quietly and leave just as quickly.

CC vs. SCSU will be an entertaining series. In all seriousness, SCSU has nothing to lose and everything to gain by taking CC any way they can. CC has everything to lose, as if they lose the series, it is quite possible they fall out of the NCAAs. I think I'll take CC because lately SCSU's offense hasn't shown up.

UND vs MSUM: UND in 3. I know I'll be nail biting the entire series. I'd be VERY surprised if we swept. I guess I don't see how we could miss the NCAAs provided we make the Final 5.

My question is does Mankato lose it's standing as a TUC if we sweep them? How much would that affect our PWR ranking?

Good question. What happens if the Sioux win two, and end up missing the NCAA tourney because the CowBells drop out of TUC status? Ouch! Inquiring minds want to know.

Good question. What happens if the Sioux win two, and end up missing the NCAA tourney because the CowBells drop out of TUC status? Ouch! Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm virtually certain the Sioux are in the tourney with a single win vs. MSU. They would still have a decent shot if they get swept.

The way the Sioux have been destroying teams (barring the DU meltdown), I wouldn't be surprised to see them sweep MSU.

Seriously, what are the odds of making the playoffs if the following occurs:

Get swept: Any real chance???

Win one game but lose the series:

Win the series 2-1

Sweep.

I always thought it was based on winning or losing the series, but I sense some feel that a game won even though the series is lost could still get them in.

Is that possible???

Whatta buncha homers, always picking UND. ;)

UMTC 2-0 AA

DU 2-1 UMD

Tech 2-1 WI (that's right, and I almost picked UMD as well)

UND 2-0 MSU

CC 2-0 SCCC

MSU is not to be taken lightly BUT MSU at home does not equal MSU on the road. Sioux win by playing hard every shift and wearing down a less talented team like they did aginst Tech.

It is very important that Tech wins so I do not miss the Sioux game as I fly back from Japan.

Min over AA in 2 games, Gophers will have 2 more easy, blowout games--hopefully making them over-confident...

Duluth over DU in 2, Duluth looks like they have packed it in, so Denver will look past them, but Sandy will rally the troops for one last hurrah.

Wis over Tech in 2, Eaves will get them back on track

Sioux over MSU in 2 games, but one will go into OT

CC over SCSU in 2 games, CC will regroup and St. Cloud is fading.

See you at the X