SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Authentic Hockey Jersey Personalization

MafiaMan

I was pondering purchasing an authentic home Sioux hockey jersey and having it personalized. I've heard from a friend of mine that he has seen several "authentics" and that the REA personalization kit is beyond bad. Can anyone back this up or say otherwise?

I also heard that authentics are on sale at Scheels. Any better luck with them? I'm hesitant to purchase an authentic only to ruin it with shoddy personalization.

Thank you for your help.

Mafiaman I had a replica done for X-mas at the REA and it looks fine. They don't do the lettering there though they have to send it out(2-3 weeks). Someone also told me the Shirt Shoppe in the Grand Cities Mall does the lettering also. I will wear my jersey Sat. night if you want to look at their handy work.

Ps does anyone know who does the Teams jerseys?

You could buy the jersey here and have it personalized in Mpls. Ask around, there has to be a reputable company that does it there. A bigger company may also guarantee their work, so if the jersey is ruined you would be reimbursed. :blink:

You could buy the jersey here and have it personalized in Mpls. Ask around, there has to be a reputable company that does it there. A bigger company may also guarantee their work, so if the jersey is ruined you would be reimbursed. :lol:

I ask because I collect jerseys (both authentic and replica) and prefer authentic lettering when buying an authentic jersey. Back in 2004, I purchased a Team USA hockey jersey and was guaranteed an "authentic" personalization by the vendor (a large screenprinting company in Mpls/St Paul). When I got the jersey back, the shoulder and back numbers were authentic-looking, but the letters (white letters) were tackle-twilled directly onto the jersey. Most any fan of jerseys could tell you the only team that puts letters directly onto a jersey without a nameplate is the Detroit Red Wings. I spent an extra $75 on half-a** personalization that was billed as "authentic". I want to avoid that with a Nike white Sioux jersey.

I was pondering purchasing an authentic home Sioux hockey jersey and having it personalized. I've heard from a friend of mine that he has seen several "authentics" and that the REA personalization kit is beyond bad. Can anyone back this up or say otherwise?

I also heard that authentics are on sale at Scheels. Any better luck with them? I'm hesitant to purchase an authentic only to ruin it with shoddy personalization.

Thank you for your help.

I bought a Green one last year and had it personalized - it looks nice, but the there is no nameplate - letters just sewn into the fabric