SiouxSports.com Forum

Mother "TUC"er! Can MSU be a TUC with a win over UW?

UNDLAW

Was just looking and saw that MSU is very close to being a TUC prior to tonights game. With a win over UW, they "might" just make it to .500 in the PWR. With that, you can add two more wins to UND's TUC win/comparison table.

With two wins over Nebraska-Omaha (4t PWR), over Notre Dame (28t PWR), two over St. Cloud (19t PWR), over Denver (16 PWR) and working on two against Wisconsin (2 PWR), this HAS to help the Sioux if MSU wins again (and now leading 7-3 with Elliot getting the yank!).

Isn't it the RPI that matters for this?

They gotta become one after tonight. This is their last regular season game. But if they get swept the first round they may lose TUC status. However, I certainly don't want to play MSU in the first round of the WCHA as they are hot right now.

Isn't it the RPI that matters for this?

They gotta become one after tonight. This is their last regular season game. But if they get swept the first round they may lose TUC status. However, I certainly don't want to play MSU in the first round of the WCHA as they are hot right now.

Yes, but since they are all TUC/RPI teams, I thought it would just be easier to post it in a "Hey, these are the teams rankings as rank of making the tournament."

However, and just for you:

RPI-RANK-%

Denver-14-.5323

Nebraska Omaha-10-.5413

Notre Dame-29-.5015

St. Cloud-20-.5243

Wisconsin-2-.5736

Man I hate being right!

With the 3-2-1 bonus ranking, MSU gets a .04 boost and they are a TUC and 25 after all is said and done.

That, as I thought, may have proved more beneficial than a win or loss at DU tonight. Plus, the WCHA has closed the gap the on CCHA and has flipped some comparisons (as well as some in HEA). All in all, and despite the loss tonight (to a VERY desperate and [choke!] VERY deserving DU team), we make some headway into the National Tournament.

What more can you ask for?

:D