SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/DU

siNoDux

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple fact is....Sioux have failed to give fans the satisfaction of avenging the atrocities of DU vs UND the last few years. Those setbacks cannot be understated.

DU's goalie stole the Championship from us in '04 by knocking us out of the Frozen Four. DU's goalie stole the show in the Frozen Four last year. The Sioux have a long way to go to avenge that. A LONG WAY!

GOD, I WANT TO SEE DU PAY.

TH says the officiating was horrible this weekend. But he thinks it went both ways. DU, with the win, moves into 2nd place in the WCHA. Sioux are questionable for home ice in the playoffs.

After going ahead in the 3rd, a very disappointing finish. A squandered chance.

Simple fact is....Sioux have failed to give fans the satisfaction of avenging the atrocities of DU vs UND the last few years. Those setbacks cannot be understated.

DU's goalie stole the Championship from us in '04 by knocking us out of the Frozen Four. DU's goalie stole the show in the Frozen Four last year. The Sioux have a long way to go to avenge that. A LONG WAY!

GOD, I WANT TO SEE DU PAY.

TH says the officiating was horrible this weekend. But he thinks it went both ways. DU, with the win, moves into 2nd place in the WCHA. Sioux are questionable for home ice in the playoffs.

After going ahead in the 3rd, a very disappointing finish. A squandered chance.

Disappointing, but going in I would have loved a split. Sweep Tech.

Hak post-game comments:

Battled hard for first two periods. Cannot keep taking the five minute majors. Got the go ahead goal, and take a retaliation penalty, which snowballed everything else.

Had chances in front of the net, but couldn't put the puck away. Can't do things that cost you games in the 3rd period, and we did that.

Did well all weekend controlling the PP until the 3rd period tonight.

TH: Jordy didn't look as sharp.

DH: It was a heck of a shot, 11 seconds in the game.

Felt good after the 2nd intermission. Had the PP at the beginning of the 3rd. Didn't score on it, and we didn't set the tone for the 3rd period, and we didn't do that.

Needed the split this weekend to have the possibility to solidify home ice for next weekend.

The way we lost this game is something we're going to have to deal with this, and put it behind us.

A split isn't too bad against DU, except for the fact that UND had a lead in the 3rd.

Hak's comments:

"We did everything we could for 2 periods, then a call on the opposite side of the rink from the play turns everything around".

TH:

"I just think Jordy gave up more than he normally would." I agree.

Overall, I thought DU took it to us tonight. The talent on this team doesn't mean jackola without playing together as a team. They still have to work on that.

Toews must feel like crap right now. Stupid penalty but he's not the first and won't be the last. I hope he can shake it off and not let it effect him next week.

It was really the only bad play he made all weekend, but it was an awful play. Something that turned the game around. He'll definitely make up for it in the future though.

Sounds like Carle is getting an assist on their goal. Hennesy is going off about Carle getting an assist and he didn't even touch the puck. Stats padding.

Sorry, but Hennessy was dead wrong. I went back and looked at the replay. Smaby tried to shovel the puck into DU's zone. It was heading that direction until Carle got his stick on it and chipped it back past Smaby. Oshie was chasing down the puck and tripped over Smaby's leg. With Oshie out of the play, May picked up the puck, went in two-on-one and scored.

Carle created the play. He absolutely deserved the assist.