SiouxSports.com Forum

St. Cloud SU student

Sioux-cia

http://www.universitychronicle.com/media/p...om&mkey=2165787

I don't know where else to post this but because of the recent hockey game, I posted it here.

I want Scot Radel's family to know that they are in my prayers. I hope that they find their son soon, alive and well. Our community received much support when one of our own went missing. I want them to know they are in our thoughts and if there is anything we can do to help, we're here for them.

When it comes right down to it, sport rivalries are just that, sport rivalries. May God be with them now and throughout this terrible time.

It really is sad that area college kids die like this (first the MSU-M student and now this). I do have a serious question though. How intoxicated does one have to be to wonder blocks out of their way and into a river? Even the few times that I have drank until I was sick, I still never blacked out or forgot where I was at. I am not trying to be a jerk but it just doesn't seem to make sense.

It really is sad that area college kids die like this (first the MSU-M student and now this). I do have a serious question though. How intoxicated does one have to be to wonder blocks out of their way and into a river? Even the few times that I have drank until I was sick, I still never blacked out or forgot where I was at. I am not trying to be a jerk but it just doesn't seem to make sense.

There are far greater drugs than alcohol.

There's no evidence to suggest that alcohol or drugs were involved in the SCSU case. Until such time, then, the MSUM case and the SCSU case are two different things.

EDIT: I wish to clarify that there's no evidence saying it ISN'T drug or alcohol related either. I'm not trying to say BDB is wrong here. Just that there's no evidence yet to support it either way.

I am curious whether this is just a run-of-the-mill statement or an implication regarding the Kycia case?

Run of the mill. I was replying to BDD wondering how drunk a person had to be to wonder into a river. I don't think you can ever get drunk enough to wonder into a river (maybe trip into the river). There was THC (marijuana) found in Kycia's body. But that doesn't mean he had smoked it that night.

• 2 weeks later...

From the St. Cloud State University Chronicle:

Body of missing student found

The body of missing SCSU student Scot Radel was found around 1:45 p.m. today, March 1, in the Mississippi River near the railroad bridge by East St. Germain Street.

Search teams using an underwater remote operating vehicle (ROV) located Radel in approximately 11 feet of water. A dive team from the Stearns County Sheriff's Office then recovered the body.

Radel is being transported to the Anoka County Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy scheduled for tomorrow.

At a 4 p.m. press conference in the St. Cloud Law Enforcement Center, SCPD Chief Dennis Ballantine said the body did not appear to show signs of foul play.