SiouxSports.com Forum

New defenseman for 2004

jk

This is copied from a post on POI last fall when his name came up:

"As shooter said, big D from WBL, 6'4", a bit skinny, I don't think he ever played on an 'A' team at WBL. Played in the HS Elite League this fall. The first 2-3 weeks looked out of place, a little too gangly and slow. Really picked it up the 2nd half. Many people thought he passed up WBL teammate & St. Cloud St. signee Chris Anderson. The pro scouts love his size and toughness. Hartzell really started to push him on the scouts. I was really surprised when he left for the USHL. Personally, I think some pro scouts got to him and convinced him to leave so they can see him fight. very nice kid."

I think Blais believes that "Lammy" will contend for starting goalie when he comes in here for '04-05. Until then, we've got Sedevie coming in next season.

Sedevie has really picked up his game lately, after a slow start to the season. He's now atop the list of USHL goalies in terms of games played and won. Granted, an .896 average isn't great, but in the last month or so he's been around .925, so perhaps he is going to live up to the expectations Blais had for him before his knee injury two seasons ago.