SiouxSports.com Forum

Why does SCSU consider the Sioux one of their most hated rivals.

nebraska_sioux

In the articles leading up to the game they said the Sioux were bullies, and probably their most hated rival. I guess thats because the Sioux are too physical for them, and maybe the Sioux will take over the Gophers spot as being the most hated WCHA team.

This surprises me as I would think the Gophers would be their most hated rivals (they're everyone else's arent' they? :bigsmile: ). Yet, if you look back to the last 10 years, the Sioux and the Huskies have had some rough games. I know that I personally disliked the Huskies more than the Gophers after Woog left Minnesota, up until last year (Lucia's arrogance have kind of brought them back to the front-running). I disliked Dahl, which contributed to it a lot, but I also hated how the would play the "clutch and grab" game, to slow down or speed teams in the past. I don't think this year's Sioux team has near the physical presence that we've had the past 7 or 8 years. A lot of teams did consider our team to be "bullies" or to play dirty. We didn't see it because we love our guys. So, I guess I can see the Huskies point too with thinking of us as bullies.

This surprises me as I would think the Gophers would be their most hated rivals (they're everyone else's arent' they? :bigsmile: ). Yet, if you look back to the last 10 years, the Sioux and the Huskies have had some rough games. I know that I personally disliked the Huskies more than the Gophers after Woog left Minnesota, up until last year (Lucia's arrogance have kind of brought them back to the front-running). I disliked Dahl, which contributed to it a lot, but I also hated how the would play the "clutch and grab" game, to slow down or speed teams in the past. I don't think this year's Sioux team has near the physical presence that we've had the past 7 or 8 years. A lot of teams did consider our team to be "bullies" or to play dirty. We didn't see it because we love our guys. So, I guess I can see the Huskies point too with thinking of us as bullies.

How can you not love a team that used to have Mike Pudlick playing for them?

This surprises me as I would think the Gophers would be their most hated rivals (they're everyone else's arent' they? :love: ). Yet, if you look back to the last 10 years, the Sioux and the Huskies have had some rough games. I know that I personally disliked the Huskies more than the Gophers after Woog left Minnesota, up until last year (Lucia's arrogance have kind of brought them back to the front-running). I disliked Dahl, which contributed to it a lot, but I also hated how the would play the "clutch and grab" game, to slow down or speed teams in the past. I don't think this year's Sioux team has near the physical presence that we've had the past 7 or 8 years. A lot of teams did consider our team to be "bullies" or to play dirty. We didn't see it because we love our guys. So, I guess I can see the Huskies point too with thinking of us as bullies.

You are very angry, aren't you? ;)

BTW, everyone here should know we are the hated rival because of the Sioux name. :bigsmile: