SiouxSports.com Forum

Bina sign at gophs game

AZSIOUX

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think of it this way, I DOUBT the idiots with the sign even KNOW of Siouxsports.com and or GPL, so I'd bet it is safe to say that we all agree about what is classless and what is ribbing here. I think all this bi-oching is preaching to the chior(s) of the fans of BOTH teams that post here.

Bring on the post season! :huh:

WPoS

Hearing about this thread I've decided to sign up and just say 'Hi.'

So, everyone is wonder why anyone is so retarded to make a sign that reads "Bina rides the short bus" eh?

Driving to the game from Fargo/Moorhead my friend and I were talking about players. I asked whats up with Bina lately, friend said he wasn't sure what he was up to but he knew he understood that Bina had been cleared to play for this season. I'm glad (from what I understand) he's made a full recovery from that time.

Getting closer into Minneapolis I suggested we bring signs to the game. The first one, which no one has talked about, was the "Brian Lee hate club." A spin-off of the "Brian Lee fan club" posters at the Ralph durring the world juniors.

Neither of us could think up a good second sign. 'Bina is a wuss' was suggested but just not good enough. Too direct, not creative. As we are talking about this we just happened to pass, believe it or not, a short school bus. 2+2=supid in this case. "Bina rides the short bus" is born. Again, this is under the impression that he is healthy and able to play this season, which I still believe to be true.

We get to the game almost an hour before. Signs were rolled up when we went through the ticket/security place. Building was empty at that point (because most of the gopher student fans are there as a social visit and don't care about the game sadly).

Players come out for warm-up. I KNOW Lee looked up and read the signs, looked like he laughed. Pointed them out to a couple of team mates.

About 10 minutes after first showing the sign (and still more than 30 minutes before the game was to start) two Souix players came down and took the Bina one away. Obiously they were jerks about it but thats understandable.

I should also say that two security guys were coming down at the same time, just from the other side.

Did we get kicked out? No.

Looking back do I think we crossed the line? Yes, wouldn't bring a sign like that again.

Questions?

Neither of us could think up a good second sign. 'Bina is a wuss' was suggested but just not good enough. Too direct, not creative. As we are talking about this we just happened to pass, believe it or not, a short school bus. 2+2=supid in this case. "Bina rides the short bus" is born. Again, this is under the impression that he is healthy and able to play this season, which I still believe to be true.

Looking back do I think we crossed the line? Yes, wouldn't bring a sign like that again.

Questions?

Why?

Just for the record, Robbie is no wuss. He played hockey and football with my son. My son as a senior was 5'11" and 250#s of muscle and an excellent athlete ( :huh: ). During all their years of playing together, Robbie ranked up there with my kid as far as aggression, never giving up and never staying down. That's how I knew he was really hurt last year. Unless he was almost paralyzed (which, remember, he was), under NO other circumstances would he have laid on the ice the way he did.

So again, why did you think the sign was ok or entertaining or appropriate or fit for public view?

Hearing about this thread I've decided to sign up and just say 'Hi.'

So, everyone is wonder why anyone is so retarded to make a sign that reads "Bina rides the short bus" eh?

Driving to the game from Fargo/Moorhead my friend and I were talking about players. I asked whats up with Bina lately, friend said he wasn't sure what he was up to but he knew he understood that Bina had been cleared to play for this season. I'm glad (from what I understand) he's made a full recovery from that time.

Getting closer into Minneapolis I suggested we bring signs to the game. The first one, which no one has talked about, was the "Brian Lee hate club." A spin-off of the "Brian Lee fan club" posters at the Ralph durring the world juniors.

We get to the game almost an hour before. Signs were rolled up when we went through the ticket/security place. Building was empty at that point (because most of the gopher student fans are there as a social visit and don't care about the game sadly).

Players come out for warm-up. I KNOW Lee looked up and read the signs, looked like he laughed. Pointed them out to a couple of team mates.

About 10 minutes after first showing the sign (and still more than 30 minutes before the game was to start) two Souix players came down and took the Bina one away. Obiously they were jerks about it but thats understandable.

I should also say that two security guys were coming down at the same time, just from the other side.

Did we get kicked out? No.

Questions?

You know what pal? We thought about coming to get that sign from you but the Sioux players did it first. I can only imagine what they said to you two fellas and the fear you felt. I will say the same thing now that I said to my buddies and some other people around me at the game, "what a couple of classless jerks".

To the question why, just trying to be clever. I wouldn't have even thought about doing anything like this had he been permenantly hurt. Like I said, I was under the understanding that he had made a full recovery.

That and the marker fumes from the first sign didn't help any.

I'm also not implying that Robbie is a wuss. Its sarcasm folks.

The Souix players came and said, paraphrasing here, do you even know what happened to Robbie? Obiously I know. Not sure who they were, not a big deal though.

LGS, if you would have come to get it I probably would have given it to you. I'm not out to start any fights. Heck, I would guess that more than half of the people who saw the sign had no idea what it was about.

All I can say is that this guy is a disgrace to the real gopher fans and to the gopher hockey team. And that is not meant to be funny in any way.

This guy is an idiot. Even if he didn't know he was hurt or not you still don't bring a sign like that into an arena. Your right Triouxper he is a disgrace to the real Gopher fans. Hopefully this is the last we will hear from this guy.

All I can say is that this guy is a disgrace to the real gopher fans and to the gopher hockey team. And that is not meant to be funny in any way.

The disgraces are the corpie fans who sit on their hands the whole game. Its a rivalry folks. I'm sorry I hurt 18 people's feelings when they saw the sign and over-reacted.

If you go to Gopher games then I'll be there, season ticket holder and all. I'll probably make my way up to the Ralph for a game or two before the year is over also.

I think the only disgrace of the night was the UND hockey team.

The disgraces are the corpie fans who sit on their hands the whole game. Its a rivalry folks. I'm sorry I hurt 18 people's feelings when they saw the sign and over-reacted.

If you go to Gopher games then I'll be there, season ticket holder and all. I'll probably make my way up to the Ralph for a game or two before the year is over also.

I think the only disgrace of the night was the UND hockey team.

And an even bigger disgrace yet is the fact that turds like you are allowed to roam the earth freely, with the rest of us.

And an even bigger disgrace yet is the fact that turds like you are allowed to roam the earth freely, with the rest of us.

Turd because of what? Insensitive to one person who has fully recovered from their injury?

How about insensitivity to the Sioux Nation? I'm sure there are a few people who are angry about your team's nick name. You guys are a bunch of hypocrites.

How would you have like going into the Ralph back in '03 and having to view a sign making fun of Joey Martin after his horrible season ending injury against Wisconsin?

I'm just going to assume you aren't going to make fun of guys who get seriously injured again and drop it.

The section 13/14 students were far more embarassing this past weekend than the no-show, no-cheer corpies have ever been.

Turd because of what? Insensitive to one person who has fully recovered from their injury?

How about insensitivity to the Sioux Nation? I'm sure there are a few people who are angry about your team's nick name. You guys are a bunch of hypocrites.

The main reason some are upset about the name is because guys like you cheer Sioux s##k.

How would you have like going into the Ralph back in '03 and having to view a sign making fun of Joey Martin after his horrible season ending injury against Wisconsin?

I'm just going to assume you aren't going to make fun of guys who get seriously injured again and drop it.

The section 13/14 students were far more embarassing this past weekend than the no-show, no-cheer corpies have ever been.

I said in my first post that it was clearly the wrong decision to bring it. EVERYONE uses bad judgement at one point in their life.

I'm sure WPoS will be really glad to hear that. See WPoS is a real fan, and a genuine person. You are lower than that black crap under the rim of your toilet, that no matter how hard you scrub it doesn't come off. That's where you are in the whole scheme of things.

I've glad thats your opinion of a person you've never met and know nothing about. Personally, I couldn't care less about what you think.