SiouxSports.com Forum

If UND has to change their name

cujo

So if UND is forced to change their name, will YOUR everyday life change for the worse or for the better??

Well, if I were American Indian, UND's being forced to change the name would

1. Increase the percentage of American Indian high school graduates which would result in every American Indian earning a college degree and all the advantages afforded a college graduate would be theirs.

2. Would decrease the incidence of diabetes, fetal alcohol syndrome, child abuse, elder abuse, alcoholism, poverty, single parent homes, high crime rates, high drug and alcohol rates, teenage pregnancy, low self esteem, poor health. (http://www.elderabusecenter.org/pdf/whatnew/litreview040707.pdf)

3. The Black Hills would revert to the Sioux Nation.

Mmmm, what am I missing?

3. Oh yeah, and increase the government funding that the lack of, according to KTF, is keeping the American Indian from succeeding in life in general,

After all UND's use of the Sioux name and logo is the cause of all the ills the American Indian suffers, so if the name and logo are changed life will be a bowl of cherries. (Imagine me skipping through a field of daisies, sun beams shinning and casting no shadows, wild animals of the forest lying together in peace in the valley, death is permanently on vacation, every one is the picture of health, racism is a thing of the past, etc., etc.)

Adding or restating Sioux-cia :lol:

If the name is changed, apparently all the racism that exists between the US, North Dakota's state government, and the general population towards the Sioux nation will be eliminated.

Edited by redwing77