SiouxSports.com Forum

Eastern hockey teams

JESUS,family,rutgers

What program in the East is looked at as the best most years by Fighting Sioux fans? Thanks.

GO NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS!

My personal opinion..

Overall-- Boston University

Lately-- Boston College

Love Affair-- Maine

maine is the only east coast team i will route for if they are not playing us of course or wcha teams depending on the circumstances..BC and BU i dont care for that much and UNH is in the middle...

maine and UND will always have a great connection with what UND did with coach walsh's name on their jerseys after he passed away...

There always seems to be such a division between east coast and western hockey. East coast fans don't tend to think too highly of western teams, and the same goes vice versa. Of course, the true college hockey fan will look beyond location and look at the actual teams. However, western fans don't tend to think that east coast fans/teams think very highly of the teams in western hockey. It goes back this way for ages. It's funny to watch the movie "Miracle" and see that the same problem existed in 1979.

Personally, which many others agree with, I think Boston College, Boston University, Maine, and New Hampshire tend to field strong teams, with solid players. Every now and then, you see a different team in there, but these tend to be the programs in the East that are in the national tournament in March/April. I'm sure the same goes for eastern fans with teams such as North Dakota, Minnesota, Colorado College, and Denver. Throw in the two Michigan teams and there are the powerhouses of college hockey. These are the teams with illustrious programs, and the teams that tend to get the top recruits, which is why they are consistently in contention for a national championship.

ARRRGGGHHHH!! I HAD successfully represssed that vile memory. But NOOOOOO, I have to go back to therapy. It was 1999.

Walking out of the Dane after that turdburger I felt the sickest, most nauseating feeling I've had without actual viral contamination. Did not see that coming, for sure, as that Sioux team was so heavily loaded. Even worse was watching the small contingent of BC fans parading around the building cheering and taunting the Sioux fans as they walked out with heads hung low.

I remember before the game they handed out green signs with the word "Goal" on it and I commented that I thought they should have put an "s" at the end. I was wrong. Eeeeuuuuuuuggh.

My therapy came approximately one year later when Scoren Goren picked the team up on his shoulders and delivered a 3rd period to remember against those very same Eagles. Now the following year, well....

taz needs more therapy in the form of banner #8 (to be delivered by Oshie)

Walking out of the Dane after that turdburger I felt the sickest, most nauseating feeling I've had without actual viral contamination. Did not see that coming, for sure, as that Sioux team was so heavily loaded. Even worse was watching the small contingent of BC fans parading around the building cheering and taunting the Sioux fans as they walked out with heads hung low.

The drive back to GF right after that game was the most brutal I've ever taken - nine hours to think about our season being over.

The drive back to GF right after that game was the most brutal I've ever taken - nine hours to think about our season being over.

I only had to drive to the Twin Cities, but then I had to hear about it all week at work ...

Yeah, mine was back to Gooferville as well. Even worse was the fact that we had a trip planned to CA to visit relatives and go to the Frozen Four. I remember sitting in a living room in San Diego watching Alfie Michaud standing on his head (what an amazing performance he had!) and wincing in pain as the Blackbears hoisted the trophy.

taz