SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICH TECH

AZSIOUX

Personal note: It seems to me that Hak is getting more comfortable saying what he wants during interviews, even to the point where he sounded annoyed with TH last night.

If TH says somehting stupid or makes an inaccurate statement then Dave should call him on it.

Dave is the head coach and has earned a great deal of respect with his actions on the bench. The captin of the ship and is definately in charge. I think from watching his team play most of the time his players are ready to play and in position to win most times.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mafiaman, how the hell have you been?? have not heard much out of you...see ya in milwaukee at a upgraded platinum fox :glare::huh:

Doing good, AZSioux. Been busy with work and my now four year old, but have been out to watch a couple of games at Joe Senser's and the St Cloud series. The WCHA Final Five isn't that far off either.

TH mentioned that Spirko didn't even break a sweat scoring his three goals tonight. But Hak took offense to that, and talked about how hard he worked to beat guys into position and what good hockey sense he used to know when to go to the net. Hak also came to the defense of Finley, saying that he has made good strides and that he played a pretty good game, despite the mistake that cost MT's only goal.

Personal note: It seems to me that Hak is getting more comfortable saying what he wants during interviews, even to the point where he sounded annoyed with TH last night.

Thanks, from reading the coaches show recaps it sounds like he's more willing to be open during interviews than last year. It's a nice change.

I'll defend Finley any day ;) Why? He reminds me of Smaby when he was a freshman. He got burned quite a few times, but Finley hasn't nearly gotten penalized as much as Smaby did as a freshman.

I'm not sure if Finley will be quite as good as Smaby but I think he definitely has potential.

OH!

Here's the point stats for this weekend:

Drew Stafford: 3g 3a 6pts

Rastislav Spirko: 3g 0a 3pts

Andrew Kozek: 3g 0a 3pts

Travis Zajac: 1g 2a 3pts

TJ Oshie: 1g 1a 2pts

Chris Porter: 0g 2a 2pts

Kyle Radke: 0g 2a 2pts

Zach Jones: 0g 2a 2pts

Taylor Chorney: 0g 2a 2pts

Jonathan Toews: 1g 0a 1pt

Matt Smaby: 1g 0a 1pt

Matt Watkins: 1g 0a 1pt

Ryan Duncan: 0g 1a 1pt

Rylan Kaip: 0g 1a 1pt

Team Totals: 14g 16a 30pts

If Drew Stafford doesn't get honors this week I'll be flabbergasted.

My prediction:

Drew Stafford Offensive POTW

Brian Elliott Defensive POTW

Andrew Kozek and Mayson Raymond co-Rookie POTW (Seriously, they have 3 pts on the weekend each)

I'll defend Finley any day ;) Why? He reminds me of Smaby when he was a freshman. He got burned quite a few times, but Finley hasn't nearly gotten penalized as much as Smaby did as a freshman.

I'm not sure if Finley will be quite as good as Smaby but I think he definitely has potential.

Drew Stafford Offensive POTW

Brian Elliott Defensive POTW

Andrew Kozek and Mayson Raymond co-Rookie POTW (Seriously, they have 3 pts on the weekend each)

I agree with your predictions, I hope Kozek gets some recognition. Not to say that I don't want Raymond to get it but it's nice to see another one of the freshmen step up.

My one question about your comparison between Smaby and Finley is, who made a bigger impact as a freshman? It's nice to see someone not taking penalties (especially in this league), but is it a result of smart play or tentative play? I guess when your size works against you it's hard not to play with a little reserve. I just peeked at his stats though and he's getting more penalties than I thought, which sort of weakens my point. Oh well.

Now, what's this about me not being a Sioux fan?