SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers/Sioux

dakotadan

Yes, I am referring to the women's games this weekend. The ladies will be taking on the Gophers this weekend at 7:00 both friday and saturday nights. If you were only planning on taking in 1 or 2 women's games this season, do it this weekend. The ladies need something to kick-start the rest of their season. A big weekend against the Gophers could do that.

Pick up your tickets and get out and support the ladies.

Edited by dakotadan

Has everybody picked up their tickets yet? You wouldn't want to show up to the game on Friday to find out there aren't any tickets left.

Trust me, unfortunately... Until they:

1. Gain tradition... you know, a prolonged existance type thing...

2. Allow the girls to check

There won't be a problem getting tickets to the women's series... even if it is UND vs the USA Women's Olympic Hockey team.

Trust me, unfortunately... Until they:

1. Gain tradition... you know, a prolonged existance type thing...

2. Allow the girls to check

There won't be a problem getting tickets to the women's series... even if it is UND vs the USA Women's Olympic Hockey team.

It was a joke. I would just like to see more than 300 people at the game. As you pointed out this team needs to gain some tradition. Having a big weekend against the back to back National Champions will go towards building some tradition for the program. Having a good sized crowd there can only help.

Edited by dakotadan

REALLY sorry to say i didn't know there were ANY GAMES at the Ralph this weekend....WHY IS THAT?? UND Sports Marketing SUCKS!!! This was one of the biggest womens series of the year...;):0 great to see Buning will do pushups till he "BARFES" at FB games but every other sport?? PUKE!! (and not him!) He needs to light a FIRE under UND athletics - regardless of sport OR division!

Friday Night: 612

Saturday Night: 876

Not bad but also could have been alot better. Considering that the women's program is so new, the athletic department really needs to be promoting it to get the fan base up and start raising financial support. As such a new program I am sure there is absolutely nothing as far as scholarship endowments yet. The Gopher series would be the best series to do this with.

I am sure that UND could have gotten members of the women's team on XL93 to help with the Top 10 countdown 1 night this last week while promoting the game. I am sure it wouldn't cost the school a dime. A few years ago when I was in Minneapolis for the Final 5, the Minnesota women's team had set up a big booth in the Mall of America. It had an area where you could practice slap shots, get autographs, and buy women's hockey merchandise. There is no reason they couldn't do something similar at Columbia Mall at the beginning of the season to promote season ticket sales. (Side Note: I got my picture taken with Goldy at this and after the picture I said "GO SIOUX!" Goldy took off his glove and flipped me off! ;) )

The only real promotion I have ever really saw for the ladies is when Coach Rivard was trying to break the highest attendance ever for a women's program in their games against Minnesota. And she was doing that by herself. If the athletic department had helped her push it I am sure it could have happened or could even still happen. Other than that I have never seen any attention put towards the women's team.

While I understand that not too many people had expectations of a UND sweep this weekend it is not an excuse. This program has the potential to be the next program at UND to win it's first National Championship, and a DI championship at that. I just would like to see a bigger push by the Athletic Department and the community to support them.

Edited by dakotadan