SiouxSports.com Forum

Who should play with Zajac and Stafford?

Kermit

I mentioned this (crazy?) idea on another thread, but didn't get any comments. I'm curious what other armchair wild speculators think. My thought (delusion?) is that Zajac and Stafford might benefit by playing with someone who will bang a little, dig the puck out of the corners, and create some space for them to find open lanes and make plays.

I also think that Prpich might have the ability to be quite productive offensively here, and I tried to make a comparison to what Jim Archibald was able to do during his senior season many years ago.

Now no one has to tell me that the coaching staff knows far better than I or that Sparky's return might make this discussion moot. Just having a little fun.

Anyone?

OK, then, how about Porter? He's fast, physical, and can score. Let's make an all frosh line with Toews, Osh, and Duncan or Watkins/Kozek, that would be rather interesting.

I like your idea, but Oshie/Toews/Porter have looked so good together that I didn't want to suggest breaking them up. Porter would work, though.

I think that either Watkins or Kozek could give it a shot. When Watkins played with Zajac and Stafford on friday for a bit they created some very very good chances. And Kozek is a good goalscorer, a very good skater, and a good setup man, so maybe him? I don't think Prpich would be right for the line, as him, fabian, and kaip should not be broken apart because they are the ultimate checking line. And we know that Toews, Oshie, and Porter have been playing very well, so leave them be. Kozek would probably be my choice.

I think that Oshie would be a good fit because he is a 'grinder'- constantly winning battles on the boards looking for the open man in front of the net- that said I feel that the first line really needs a sniper like Toews to pull some pressure off of the Trav and Drew

I suggested Kozek for that same reason. All of the scouting reports say he can score, so let's see it Andrew. We definetely dont need another set up guy on that line, we alreayd have 2 very good ones, we need a bochenski(i think kozek could do it) on that line.

Porter does't have the best vision on the ice but he can finish with the best of em. Stafford and Zajak would be able to find him and let him do the rest. I don't think you should even think about splitting up Osh and Toews with the numbers they've put up so far playing together.

I know what you mean but I kind of want to see if Toews could infuse some energy onto the 1st line, I don't want to say Zajac and Stafford are off to a slow start but I kind of wanted to see Zajac pick up where he left last year when he domanated play in the playoffs. ...but it's still early and Spirko is out so it might be expected.