SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Name - Gopher Fan Prospective

Frontroguy

For what it is worth, I am sickened by the NCAA attempt at.... Well, I am not really sure what they are attempting. I think they are going down a road that should not be traveled. To selectively legislate school names and Logo's (I do not think you have a mascott, do you?) based on grounds that are liquid at best makes me Ill.

On a personal level, I have always liked the logo, and I can't recall feeling hostile toward any natives, unless they were wearing the green and white, and in Marriuci Arena.

I hope that the issue is carried farther to the courts, where I am pretty confident the rule will be declared void.

Good luck

(of course, it would be kind of enjoyable as a Gopher fan to see a Gophers/Flickertails border battle!)

- I can't believe I am going to say this, but - GO SIOUX!

I may regret this tomorrow but Flickertails is as Gay as .....Well...... Gophers  ;)

But thanks for the "Go Sioux"  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I don't really think there's anything homosexual at all about either the Flickertails or the Gophers. Also, don't you think we all grew up just a wee bit and stopped using "gay" or "fag" as a synonym meaning "stupid" or "bad"?

I realize your comment is mostly in jest, but people talk how they think.

Yeah I was not using it in that context - Don't assUme

I was being Facetious thus the :angry::angry:

& just picking on a Gopher fan .....sorry you took it that way

I'm sure for me it was generational thing - (I bet I'm old enough to be most of your Daddy) :angry:

another PC topic ;):angry:

Thanks frontroguy, I think us Sioux fans can use all the support we can get on this issue right now. It's frustrating to read uscho where some of the most vocal anti-Sioux posters on this issue are Gopher fans. But I have to believe there are many of them out there that may hate us on the ice, but quietly support us on this issue.

Thanks frontroguy, I think us Sioux fans can use all the support we can get on this issue right now.  It's frustrating to read uscho where some of the most vocal anti-Sioux posters on this issue are Gopher fans.  But I have to believe there are many of them out there that may hate us on the ice, but quietly support us on this issue.

I will say that over on GPL there's a nice population of Gopher fans willing to stand up and say that even though they hate Fighting Sioux sports teams (think hockey) they think UND is getting the shaft and the NCAA is out of line.

Great teams need great opponents. North Dakota hockey is what it is in large part because of Minnesota and Wisconsin pushing them - I doubt the Sioux would be who they are today if not in the WCHA (see Notre Dame, Northern Michigan, etc. for examples of ex-ECHA tams that were once successful).

John

Thanks frontroguy, I think us Sioux fans can use all the support we can get on this issue right now.  It's frustrating to read uscho where some of the most vocal anti-Sioux posters on this issue are Gopher fans.  But I have to believe there are many of them out there that may hate us on the ice, but quietly support us on this issue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I may regret this tomorrow but Flickertails is as Gay as .....Well...... Gophers  ???

But thanks for the "Go Sioux"  :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, that hurt a little (not too much but a little :blush: )

I think the majority of the Gopher fans tend to believe that the NCAA is out of line, and to allow FSU, to keep theirs, and ban yours is about as hypocritical as you can get.

On another note, I read the letter that Kupchella wrote to the NCAA. Any chance that the shots he took at them, caused the denial of the appeal? ( I thought it was a pretty thorough letter, and more importantly, impeccable with his logic)

Good luck with the logo, and see you this fall.

Wow, that hurt a little (not too much but a little :blush: )

I think the majority of the Gopher fans tend to believe that the NCAA is out of line, and to allow FSU, to keep theirs, and ban yours is about as hypocritical as you can get.

On another note, I read the letter that Kupchella wrote to the NCAA. Any chance that the shots he took at them, caused the denial of the appeal? ( I thought it was a pretty thorough letter, and more importantly, impeccable with his logic)

Good luck with the logo, and see you this fall.

I think the biggest thing is the NCAA is dying to hold anyone to this ridiculous ruling, and felt they just couldn't give another exemption, especially since we're not one of the big schools. They had to hold firm somewhere to attempt to keep a shred of credibility.