SiouxSports.com Forum

Conrad supports Sioux name

PCM

About a month ago, I sent an e-mail to Sen. Kent Conrad thanking him for his efforts on keeping the Grand Forks Air Force Base open. I also asked him why none of North Dakota's congressional delegation had made any public statements on UND's use of the Sioux name and logo.

Today, I received a letter from Sen. Conrad dated Sept. 9. which says:

I support retaining the name and logo at the University of North Dakota. However, the U.S. Senate does not have a role in this decision.

Did anyone else receive a letter like this?

I received an auto-response e-mail from Sen. Dorgan's office saying that he would reply to my e-mail, but I've heard nothing from him to date. I haven't heard anything from Congressman Pomeroy, either.

About a month ago, I sent an e-mail to Sen. Kent Conrad thanking him for his efforts on keeping the Grand Forks Air Force Base open. I also asked him why none of North Dakota's congressional delegation had made any public statements on UND's use of the Sioux name and logo.

Today, I received a letter from Sen. Conrad dated Sept. 9. which says:

Did anyone else receive a letter like this?

I received an auto-response e-mail from Sen. Dorgan's office saying that he would reply to my e-mail, but I've heard nothing from him to date. I haven't heard anything from Congressman Pomeroy, either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PCM,

I have wrote Dorgans offices a few times on another issue, it ussually takes a two to three weeks to get a response back from him, but his office will get back to you, ussually in the form of a written letter.

I support retaining the name and logo at the University of North Dakota. However, the U.S. Senate does not have a role in this decision.

Translation: I don't have the political capital to expend on the issue, unlike my colleagues in Florida who scared the shiat out of the NC$$ by calling for hearings.