SiouxSports.com Forum

Fan bus

tuggnutt

I think Al Pearson (aka Santa Claus) usually gets a bus together for some away games. I know they went to St. Cloud earlier this year. Others that post here have gone along at times. Al is the guy that always wears the white cowboy hat with the old Blackhawk logo on it.

Someone else should be able to provide some more info.

i'll see you all in mankato! i have a group, from mpls., that goes every year on sat. night. it's a terrible arena and the SIOUX fans usually out-number the kato fans. hopefully, we can sweep them this year. ;) and after the game we usually go to the nearest bar to have a victory drink! :D

Al also has plans to take a bus on that long and winding road to Madison later this season. He's supposed to send details for both Mankato and Madison to us regulars but since the games are still months away we haven't heard from him yet. He arranges everything--transportation, hotel, tickets. Never any worries with Al in charge.

I'll post info here when I get it from Al.

i'll see you all in mankato! i have a group, from mpls., that goes every year on sat. night. it's a terrible arena and the SIOUX fans usually out-number the kato fans. hopefully, we can sweep them this year. ;) and after the game we usually go to the nearest bar to have a victory drink! :D

Any arena where you can have a whiskey coke at your seats isn't so "terrible" in my book. The fans and atmosphere have left a lot to be desired when I've been there. Certainly the hundred or so Sioux fans that show up are frequently louder than the Mavs fans. But any arena is quieter when you're getting your ass kicked year in and year out--hopefully this years' team has them a bit more fired up.

mksioux: This is the first time in my history with Al that we've planned on going to Madison. I believe the tickets he gets will be some of the ones Wisconsin alots UND as the away team, which I'm guessing are seats in the designated visitors' section.

I think back in 2000-2001 when we got kicked 6-1 on Friday night in Kato their student section had a whole lot of fun with me in my Sioux jersey. Unfortunately I was the only Sioux fan close by. Also sucked that I was not present to gloat on them the following night when we returned the favor.

This year do to missing the SC series, I plan to make both games in mankato. Maybe Sioux fans can meet up somewhere....

i'll see you all in mankato! i have a group, from mpls., that goes every year on sat. night. it's a terrible arena and the SIOUX fans usually out-number the kato fans. hopefully, we can sweep them this year.  and after the game we usually go to the nearest bar to have a victory drink!  

I'll be there with a couple of friends both nights ???