SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

ive posted this before, but as far as the nate schmidt thing goes und has been his dream school for as long as i can remember..

(i graduated from cathedral with his brother)

interesting i had figured he'd go to scsu because he was from there but if we're his dream school i suppose we could make an exception for him to come here.

well i havent talked to him or his brother since last year, but from what i was told then he was very interested in coming here. im not sure you guys know him or have seen him play, but i can tell you hes definitely got potential to be a very good dman. to be completely honest he really kind of reminds me of goligoski. hes about the same size and plays a lot like him. he and his brother both have awesome shots. now the only thing he needs to do is stay healthy. :love:

well i havent talked to him or his brother since last year, but from what i was told then he was very interested in coming here. im not sure you guys know him or have seen him play, but i can tell you hes definitely got potential to be a very good dman. to be completely honest he really kind of reminds me of goligoski. hes about the same size and plays a lot like him. he and his brother both have awesome shots. now the only thing he needs to do is stay healthy. :love:

I've seen him play, he has the potential to play in the WCHA.

ive posted this before, but as far as the nate schmidt thing goes und has been his dream school for as long as i can remember..

damn just saw he was the #1 pick by fargo in the ushl draft....sign him up!!

the kid played varsity hockey as an 8th grader, wow

Nate Schmidt-St. Cloud Cathedral(MN HS)-Played varsity high school hockey as an eighth grader. Great shot. Excellent on the powerplay.

http://westerncollegehockey2.blogspot.com/...01_archive.html

I have to call bull**** on that one. He did an interview with the USHL where he's quoted as saying he'd LOVE to play for his hometown team. Unfortunately, USHL.com dropped the link, but I'll see if I can find the story archived somewhere. The article also said he's interested in the Sioux, but that doesn't mean it's always been his "dream" school. I know that he's not a big fan of the goofers. I think CC is pursuing him too.

I doubt Schmidt is concerned about team histories and he probably thinks that SCSU has just as much chance of success as UND has in upcoming seasons. So, weigh the fact that he's a Huskies fan against UND's facilities and it's likely a dead heat.

I have some inside sources on this subject matter too.

*EDIT*

Here are the portions of that article that refer to North Dakota and St. Cloud State...

"I like St. Cloud State, the Gophers (Minnesota), North Dakota, and Colorado College.” Interestingly, Schmidt got hooked on Colorado College when at a baseball tournament.

Schmidt is a St. Cloud State hockey fan, attends games regularly, and would love the chance to suit up for his hometown university.

I doubt Schmidt is concerned about team histories and he probably thinks that SCSU has just as much chance of success as UND has in upcoming seasons. So, weigh the fact that he's a Huskies fan against UND's facilities and it's likely a dead heat.

I respect that SCCC has done some nice recruiting recently (Hanowski, very nice), but I seriously doubt that any recruit is going to think that about a team that has never even won an NCAA game.

I respect that SCCC has done some nice recruiting recently (Hanowski, very nice), but I seriously doubt that any recruit is going to think that about a team that has never even won an NCAA game.

Siouxnami, be careful. You're sounding like you're wearing moron and gold. Motzko has done some very good things at SCSU and is doing some very good recruiting. It's reasonable for a recruit to project forward and feel that SCSU has a strong future. The past doesn't necessarily predict anything.

Siouxnami, be careful. You're sounding like you're wearing moron and gold. Motzko has done some very good things at SCSU and is doing some very good recruiting. It's reasonable for a recruit to project forward and feel that SCSU has a strong future. Add the normal stock market disclaimer here.

Siouxnami, be careful. You're sounding like you're wearing moron and gold. Motzko has done some very good things at SCSU and is doing some very good recruiting. It's reasonable for a recruit to project forward and feel that SCSU has a strong future. The past doesn't necessarily predict anything.

I agree, that he has done SOME things, however getting recruits does not equal NCAA wins and with all that talent they had last year they still had no post season success. It is fair to say that SCCC is improving, but where I wont go is saying that they will be competing for an NCAA title almost every season which is where UND is already at right now.

I agree, that he has done SOME things, however getting recruits does not equal NCAA wins and with all that talent they had last year they still had no post season success. It is fair to say that SCCC is improving, but where I wont go is saying that they will be competing for an NCAA title almost every season which is where UND is already at right now.

It doesn't matter if they compete for an NCAA title every season. It only matters if the recruit believes they'll contend for the period of time they're attending college. At this early juncture, there's absolutely no reason to believe that SCSU won't contend from 2010 through 2014.

I have to call bull**** on that one. He did an interview with the USHL where he's quoted as saying he'd LOVE to play for his hometown team. Unfortunately, USHL.com dropped the link, but I'll see if I can find the story archived somewhere. The article also said he's interested in the Sioux, but that doesn't mean it's always been his "dream" school. I know that he's not a big fan of the goofers. I think CC is pursuing him too.

I have some inside sources on this subject matter too.

*EDIT*

Here are the portions of that article that refer to North Dakota and St. Cloud State...

"I like St. Cloud State, the Gophers (Minnesota), North Dakota, and Colorado College.