SiouxSports.com Forum

best start in a long time

UND92,96

This may very well be the most impressive first three games of a season that UND has had in a long, long time. You expect big margins of victory in home games against weak competition, but to have done so against two 2004 playoff teams and another solid dII program, particularly when two of the wins were on the road, is especially noteworthy. The offense has probably exceeded expectations so far considering the loss of Braegelmann before the season even started, and the season-ending injury to Strouth. Thus far, both the run and the pass have been pretty consistent (both averaging over 200 ypg). Obviously there's a long season ahead, but this has definitely been an impressive beginning.

I was down in Winona for the game, and as far as I could see, there weren't many serious injuries...Kuper seemed to get a bit dinged up in the 1st half(either his left shoulder/hand/arm). He missed a few plays but came back to play solid. And I am pretty sure it was Beatty who had some ice wrapped on his ankle during the 4th quarter. Other than that, nobody got noticeably hurt from what I can remember. A lineman limped off in the 2nd half too, couldn't get a number though.

I had understood that one of our linebackers had a knee problem after the 2nd game.  Anyone know anything about that?  Did the regular cycle of LBs play against Winona?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Robbie Meek, I think is hurt. He was injured against West Chester. Not sure though for how long.

Has it been determined that Strouth is for sure out for the year and will redshirt?  On the Sunday edition of Fighting Sioux Football on WDAZ, Lennon said that they weren't sure how long Strouth would be out.  Anyone have a definite answer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was in the Herald on Sunday:

Brandon Strouth said it could be awhile before he plays for the Sioux again.

The junior running back said he tore his ACL against West Chester (Pa.) University last week. His knee injury will test UND's running back depth.

"It doesn't look very good right now," Strouth said of a possible return this season. "We're thinking we may need surgery in a couple of weeks. If it is the worst-case scenario. I'll start rehab and get back as soon as possible."