SiouxSports.com Forum

DAC Schools Jumping to DII from NAIA

star2city

As far as money, I'm interested in seeing the Fiscal Year 2005 numbers (EADA data for July 2004 through June 2005) for both UND and NDSU. The last reports I heard for each were that UND was coming in about $200k in the red for the year and that Mr. Inniger was $600k short of the $1 million he alone (outside or Team Makers) he needed to raise to make budget. What are the real final numbers and what can be learned from each set?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't find the reference, but it seems the Innigers fundraising from the summer months were applied to shortfalls in the 2004-5 budget rather than the intended 2005-6 budget. For 2005-6, NDSU will IMO resort to tuition waivers to make-up the shortfall. Quote from Dr. Chapman himself:

NDSU President Joseph Chapman said many athletic conferences encourage members to offer such waivers.

Georgia Southern...four football national championships as an independent.... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Georgia Southern was in the TAAC for its other sports when it started football. Football was the only sport that was independent which is much easier than the other way around.

Georgia Southern...four football national championships as an independent.... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, Ga Southern was a member of the Trans America Conference (now Atlantic Sun) at the time that they won those IAA football crowns. The Trans America conference never sponsored football. This is the exact opposite circumstance of NDSU, which has a non-auto bid football conference.

RD17: beat me to the draw! ;)

Check the records...they played football as an independent, no auto-bid--same situation for football as NDSU's...the TAAC, bless its soul, did nothing for the football program, although playing the Fighting Camels of Campbell College was fun to say...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is your blind hatred for everything to do with UND adversely affecting your reading comprehension? My god man, take half a second to read what you're responding to before you respond to it!

For the record, I don't hate UND...I'm able to respect the school and its athletics programs...why can't you do the same for NDSU?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the record, I don't hate 'SU...I'm able to respect the school and its athletics programs...I'm just not real wild about some of the fans.