SiouxSports.com Forum

Bobbleheads or other promotions?

01grad

Does anybody know if there are anymore hockey bobblehead promotions in the works or other collectible items? I thought the Panzer figure was a big hit and the baseball team made a pretty good profit when they sold them as a fundraiser. Do they still have the super fan bobbles on shelves waiting to be sold?

I was sort of hoping that they would keep coming out with new players after they started with the hometown hero. We would have many greats from the past just like the Twins are doing.

Bobbleheads...a great idea until 30-40 year old men grab piles and piles of them while 3-4 year old kids go away disappointed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree.

The remedy would be making it only for kids. Then allowing the kids to decide to sell those bobbleheads to those 30-40 year olds at an exaggerated price or trade in for pro shop attire ;)

I agree.

The remedy would be making it only for kids. Then allowing the kids to decide to sell those bobbleheads to those 30-40 year olds at an exaggerated price or trade in for pro shop attire :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree as well. It's amazing how Major League Baseball struggles to figure out why kids don't like baseball anymore. I remember spending my lunch money buying several packs of Topps baseball cards in the hope of getting an Ozzie Smith, Reggie Jackson, or Bob Boone card in the 1980's. Then greed took over and now you can't find packs of cards. Of course, you can buy a box now with about 10 cards in it if you're an 8 year old with $20 in your pocket.

As for the bobblehead craze, I thought it was out of control when I saw Woody Hayes bobbles on Ebay going for $250. Lucky for me, I found one on there at the bargain price of $85. ;)

I agree as well.  It's amazing how Major League Baseball struggles to figure out why kids don't like baseball anymore.  I remember spending my lunch money buying several packs of Topps baseball cards in the hope of getting an Ozzie Smith, Reggie Jackson, or Bob Boone card in the 1980's.  Then greed took over and now you can't find packs of cards.  Of course, you can buy a box now with about 10 cards in it if you're an 8 year old with $20 in your pocket. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No kidding, I bought a price guide a couple days ago and you know there are too many companies and too many products flooding the market when there are 3 pages devoted to cards from the early 1900's all the way through the early 1990's and then about 50 pages devoted to the last ten years of baseball cards. I have pretty much stopped collecting cards of all sports because the packs are way overpriced. I have never collected to make money, just for the love of getting certain players.

Baseball cards are ridiculous now. You look at them and the cheapest pack is $3 for a 10-pack of cards. I used to go to Target and get a 45-pack for $ .99. The packs were clear so you looked on the front and back to see which packs had the best cards visible. ;)

Baseball cards are ridiculous now.  You look at them and the cheapest pack is $3 for a 10-pack of cards.  I used to go to Target and get a 45-pack for $ .99. The packs were clear so you looked on the front and back to see which packs had the best cards visible. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was in a card shop a couple months ago and asked the dealer what was the hot and collected box and brands of cards, he handed me an Upper Deck product. The box had I believe 3 packs of cards in it, with 5 cards a pack and it was $99. Sure you will get some jersey cards and autographs guaranteed, but come on, that is only 15 cards.

Those jersey cards are another thing. It's bad enough when they are cutting up the jerseys of scrubs, but then they start cutting up jerseys of guys like Bonds. And of course the worst of all was when Upper Deck(?) cut up a Ruth jersey. That is just unspeakable. ;)

Back to the original topic...I did purchase the Sioux fan bobble head at the REA Pro Shop last winter. It's pretty cool, especially since Forever Collectibles did the design. They have done "Legends of the Hardwood" and "Men of the Ice" along with "Cooperstown Heroes" and others. Could you imagine a "Legends of the Sioux" series with stars of the past and present? They could sell thousands of those things.

Could you imagine a "Legends of the Sioux" series with stars of the past and present?  They could sell thousands of those things.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can imagine a "Legends of the REA Press Box" bobblehead series featuring Virg Foss, Pat Sweeny and Tim Hennessy. Who wouldn't want that set? ;)

Or "Legends of the Student Section" featuring ME!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shouldn't you have to leave the student section before you you're a legend of it? I mean, you can't be in the hall of fame while you're still a professional athlete.

That being said, I'd certainly pony up for a Diggler/Dirty bobblehead -- after I stock up on Pledge. ;)

So what would the full set be?  You, Kauk, and Gretzky?  I would for sure pony up for a Kauk bobble head!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

01grad would have to be included too. Anyone who falls all the way down the stairs and tears his hands up at the Old Ralph only to stay for the game deserves some props. ;)