SiouxSports.com Forum

What can we do?

elmduf

I see a lot of hits to this website and this thread in particular. It seems a real waste of our energy to just sit here and complain about what the NC$$ has done.

What I would like to see are some suggestions on what, exactly, we can do as individuals or collectively to throw a monkeywrench in the plans of the NC$$ to get rid of nicknames like the Fighting Sioux.

Suggestions?

I see a lot of hits to this website and this thread in particular.  It seems a real waste of our energy to just sit here and complain about what the NC$$ has done. 

What I would like to see are some suggestions on what, exactly, we can do as individuals or collectively to throw a monkeywrench in the plans of the NC$$ to get rid of nicknames like the Fighting Sioux. 

Suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Money, Money, Money

It will probably be a long and drawn out legal fight and that will cost plenty of money.

I think somebody has mentioned this but if this stands, why wouldn't UND just officially drop the nickname and just go by North Dakota. UND could still unofficially be the Fighting Sioux, somebody could sell unofficial/official fighting sioux merchandise and have all procedes donated back to UND athletics. The name could still live on with Alumni and fans. These left wing nut jobs would still be pissed off, but they couldn't do anything about it.

I wouldn't disagree with cutting most of the funding for the NA programs at UND and putting that money into something more useful as well. It isn't very nice, but I guess at this point having the people in the minority pushing this on the University has bothered me to the point that I don't really care.

I wouldn't disagree with cutting most of the funding for the NA programs at UND and putting that money into something more useful as well.  It isn't very nice, but I guess at this point having the people in the minority pushing this on the University has bothered me to the point that I don't really care.

No.

Why stop doing what is right out of spite?

You win in the long run when your behavior is above that of your opponent.

Agreed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you as well, but I am just getting sick of this $#*&.

If the name has to be dropped UND is going to have to come up money for a new hockey arena, this is assuming that the Ralph can no longer be used.