SiouxSports.com Forum

little help.

gogreengo

Last fall when my wife and I were in GF visiting our daughter who attends Sioux U, we went the UND football game, we left and on my way out of the parking lot I was flipping through on the radio and came across what I guess was a high school broadcast- I believe Central High which I think is in Grand Forks. It was a playoff game that was broadcast and it was exciting, and my wife and I were laughing and enjoying the broadcast, I believe the home team won. It was really well done, do you know who the guy is who does those?

I would just like to fire off an email to tell him he does a nice job and see if there are any other games we can catch when we return to visit again this fall. I thought I would remember the station letters, but alas I forgot. I do know it was on the am side of the dial.

Thanks for any help.

Keep the name the same

Gary :glare:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry gogreengo,

New to this site but I can help you. It's Paul Roberts at 1310 KNOX Grand Forks. I think he has been with them since the late 90's. I think I saw him at the desk at Sioux Hockey games last year as well. I would agree, does a nice job of calling the action, I accused him of being a homer for the gf and egf schools, and he agreed that he sometimes can't help but root for the kids he covers. I've met him as I have had kids play in sports that he has broadcast. He is very approachable. He just did the GFC v. Bismarck High FB rematch last friday, great game could have been different if BHS would have held onto the ball. Look for both those schools to be at least in the state quarters at the end of the year.

There is your answer and knowing how message boards go sometimes-- I'm sure I could be criticized for actually paying a compliment to someone.

Finally a home sioux football game. Let the Tailgating begin. Go Sioux!!!

Paul Roberts and Cullen Keller. So horrible, it's hillarious. They may as well have a couple of the HS kids in the stands do the games. :glare:

Ball on the Jamestown's 45. Back to pass, he's hit! Fumble!! Their's a mad scramble for the ball, looks like...............................................................TOUCHDOWN CENTRAL!!!!! Oh boy, what a play that was, huh Cullen?

Paul Roberts and Cullen Keller.  So horrible, it's hillarious.  They may as well have a couple of the HS kids in the stands do the games.  :glare:

Ball on the Jamestown's 45. Back to pass, he's hit! Fumble!! Their's a mad scramble for the ball, looks like...............................................................TOUCHDOWN CENTRAL!!!!!  Oh boy, what a play that was, huh Cullen?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, this reminds me of one of my favorite calls in baseball history.

White Sox game. Ken the Hawk Harrelson doing the Play by play. bottom of the 10th, White sox up 1, bases loaded.

Hawk: Bases loaded, one out, the pitch

(you hear the crack of the bat)

nothing said for many seconds

(you hear the crowd cheering)

still nothing said

(you hear the crowd erupt)

Hawk: White Sox lose on a single to the gap.

So terrible it's great.

Same reason I love to listen to Bill Walton do NBA games and Madden do NFL. Why I loved Harry Carey too.

Thank you gfsportsrube.

Diggler and Old School, I must have heard a different game than you have, but that's ok. I'm a sioux fan, I don't know if Mr. Roberts is- but it's nice to know that sioux fans are so quick to tear down one another. I am thankful my daughter attends UND, I love visiting I've met so many great people, your comments will not deter me in continuing to cheer for the sioux. thanks again and my appreciation still stands.

I can one up the "Hawk" easy

Listening to the radio about the team just across town, Ron "There's a game going on? REALLY?!?" Santo was talking about lunch or something and his words were something like...

Ron: And I was just about to eat lunch and..

The other guy: There's a hit and

Ron: <screams drowning out the other guy> How about that!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RON! WHAT?:lol: It's YOUR JOB to tell us what's going on, Ron! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU'RE ON RADIO NOT TV!!!!!!