SiouxSports.com Forum

Customizing Your Computer?

soSIOUXme

I'm curious to know what others are doing. Over time Sioux, especially Sioux Hockey, seems to have taken over my computer. There have been some great wallpapers posted here for download which I have used. I've also customized logon screens, rainlender (desktop calendar), bootscreens, screensaver, etc. What do you do to customize your computer with Sioux stuff?

**Thank you to all who have posted pictures and wallpaper!

Here is most of what I have done using the images you guys have posted and modifying some other imagesSioux Stuff

If you click on the thumbnail it will show larger

I am always looking for new ideas, since nothing else in my apartment is decorated w/ sioux stuff, yet :ohmy:

Those are pretty sweet, how do you use them for purposes other than a background?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have windows XP so all I know is relative to that

**For the calendar I use freeware Rainlendar

**For the Bootskins I tried 2 different programs both freeware

--Bootskin from Stardock. Requires 16 color Bitmap images

--PHM Plus! for Windows XP

(This program allows you to customize all kinds of things and you can change the bootskin from the MY COMPUTER Properties screen.) Also you can use any picture.

**For the Logons I use freeware LogonStudio

There are tons of free download themes at Wincustomize.com for Rainlender, Bootskin, & LogonStudio.

**For the screensaver I use Microsoft PLus! (Came with my computer) It has a bunch of 3D revolving screensavers that are pretty cool and you can customize which pics you use.

I have customized pretty much everything with Sioux logos, icons, wallpaper etc. If you want any of my versions PM me with your email and I'll send you some files.

My computer at home plays "Stand Up And Cheer" when I turn it on.  When I worked in Minneapolis I used to set all of my Gopher-Fan co-workers' computers to do the same.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Priceless! But were they bright enough to figure out what it was :ohmy:

• 2 years later...
thread with wallpaper links

took me a couple minutes to figure out how to do that :glare:

I put the wallpapers that I used in the logon screens here if anybody wants them. (only the last five images are wallpaper so they are the only ones at 1024x768)

How do I shrink the pics so they will fit on my computer and show up normal? I am using my right click and selecting set as walpaper but when I do that it is all distorted.

How do I shrink the pics so they will fit on my computer and show up normal? I am using my right click and selecting set as walpaper but when I do that it is all distorted.

Up the resolution on your computer. ;)

You may have to save the picture and resize it in a program like Photoshop.

My computer at home plays "Stand Up And Cheer" when I turn it on. When I worked in Minneapolis I used to set all of my Gopher-Fan co-workers' computers to do the same.

That is outstanding. If you care to share, I'd love to learn how to do that. You're talking to a pretty low lever user, FYI.

That is outstanding. If you care to share, I'd love to learn how to do that. You're talking to a pretty low lever user, FYI.

Assuming you have Windows XP:

Click Start --> Highlight Settings (you may be able to skip this step depending on what view you have) --> Click Control Panel --> Double-Click Sounds and Audio Devices --> Click Sounds Tab --> Under Program Events scroll down and highlight Start Windows --> Click Browse --> Navigate to where the file is located --> Highlight the File --> Click OK --> Click OK

If you don't currently have Stand Up and Cheer on your computer, you'll need to download it/have someone send it to you.

Assuming you have Windows XP:

Click Start --> Highlight Settings (you may be able to skip this step depending on what view you have) --> Click Control Panel --> Double-Click Sounds and Audio Devices --> Click Sounds Tab --> Under Program Events scroll down and highlight Start Windows --> Click Browse --> Navigate to where the file is located --> Highlight the File --> Click OK --> Click OK

If you don't currently have Stand Up and Cheer on your computer, you'll need to download it/have someone send it to you.

Thanks, I should be able to find something to download.

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past! I will try to help.

What is your screen size?

What is your resolution set to?

What is your color quality set to?

Are you using XP or Vista?

The quality is 32 bit

The Resolution is 1280 by 1024 pixels

I am not sure the exact size of my computer screen but it is a fairly new dell flatscreen, probably about 14 inch maybe?

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past! I will try to help.

What is your screen size?

What is your resolution set to?

What is your color quality set to?

Are you using XP or Vista?

I just right clicked on the image I found and selected set as wallpaper. It gets set as my wallpaper but it is almost like it doesn't size correctly to the screen. Its formats too large and it is subsequently all blurry.

The quality is 32 bit

The Resolution is 1280 by 1024 pixels

I am not sure the exact size of my computer screen but it is a fairly new dell flatscreen, probably about 14 inch maybe?

I just right clicked on the image I found and selected set as wallpaper. It gets set as my wallpaper but it is almost like it doesn't size correctly to the screen. Its formats too large and it is subsequently all blurry.

I sent you a message but

I just tried something else, are you right clicking on the small image and choosing to set it as background. If so try clicking on the image to bring it full size, then set it as background. Let me know if this helps at all. Good Luck,

J