SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

They go a 15 minute overtime period, and then follow that with an 8 minute overtime period. They resurface the ice after the 8 minute overtime and the teams get a 3 minute(?) break in between the 2 overtime periods.

No it is an 8 minute overtime period after a 3 minute wait. When that is completed they resurface for either a 15 or 17 minute period.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I said...Just not as clear as you put it.

No you didnt. You said that they go to a 15 min overtime first then followed by an 8 min overtime. Its the other way around. And then they get the 3 min break between the end of regulation and the first overtime. You said they get the break between the two overtimes.

The Central/Jamestown game just another game to add to the excitement of the EDC tournament. Just got back from the game and what an exciting game it was. The second period wasn't the greatest period of hockey to watch as it was filled with penalties. The refs I think need to let the teams play and battle it out. They are calling too many weak penalties! Central deserved to win this game after all of the work the put forth in the overtimes. Give all the credit to Jamestown's goalie for making some key saves at crucial times during the game. May I also add that Jamestown sure didn't play like an 8 seeded team during the tournament.

Does anyone know why Bina is having a Josh Ness love fest right now? Shane was not bad in yesterdays game vs. WF. Ness was playing JV at the beginning of the year. Jamestown's Leben just scored 5 on 3 to tie the game with 5:01 left in the 2nd period. I think these teams have played 4 on 4 more than even strength this period.

I overheard someone yesterday say that Shane wasn't feeling good. Might be why he isn't playing today.

I hear that when Jamestown goes back to the West next year Devils Lake will be moved into the East. Does anyone know if that is true? If this true I wonder how the Firebirds feel about this? It could mean a very long drought between state tournament appearances. On the other hand the Bluejays must be looking forward to going back to the west since they've made only one appearance at state since thier move to the east in '97.

Kudos to the Bluejays for a gutsy effort this weekend.