SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

I don't have a prediction for this game, but I can pretty much guarantee one thing - Eli Rosendahl will be on his "A" game Saturday night. After a lackluster performance, which competitor doesn't want to go out and play their heart out? My guess is that the entire Rider team will feel this way, too. If they all play with a chip on their shoulder - which they should after the game on Tuesday - there should be no doubt that they can win this game. But hard work can only get you so far, and the Riders will have to play one of their best games of the season to win. I see a low scoring game, probably a repeat score of earlier in the season of 2-1, going in either direction.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Klein worked as a team player last year, that is why he had so many points. This year, the entire team with the exception of a few, are playing with no heart and only care about stats. North was better last year because of this reason. The team has a point total around 70. A few players can reach this number in a season. North has four great players, when they learn to pass, they will be a great team.

Great players should be able to find a way to get the job done no matter what the circumstances are, and people need to quit making excuses for them because they're on a bad team. Two players from Wahpeton have more points than Klenow and six players have more points than Klein.

Great players should be able to find a way to get the job done no matter what the circumstances are, and people need to quit making excuses for them because they're on a bad team. Two players from Wahpeton have more points than Klenow and six players have more points than Klein.

Thats because wahpeton has nothing to lose, they go out and work as a team even though there program is less developed than others. Great example 'Stiouxy'

Did Grafton pretty much dominate or was Kringstad on his A game tonight?

I really wouldn't say they dominated. Kringsted had a few really good safes. I think West Fargo out shot them even. It's just Grafton got 2 power play goals, deflection goal and another really good set up goal. West Fargo goalie ws pretty much screwed on all the goals. It was a good game just Grafton put the puck in on really good set up's and West Fargo couldn't.

Joey

with grafton winning the region looks like there is a big gap between the top 3 teams and the rest battling for the 4th spot. it should be interesting to see who gets that last spot for state. South had 52 more shots against Crookston and scored 3. goalies want to play south so they can increase their save percentage and their stock with onlookers.

with grafton winning the region looks like there is a big gap between the top 3 teams and the rest battling for the 4th spot. it should be interesting to see who gets that last spot for state. South had 52 more shots against Crookston and scored 3. goalies want to play south so they can increase their save percentage and their stock with onlookers.

Disclaimer.... Please re -read your posts before you submit them to lessen the likely hood of you looking like a fool.

It's nice to see the boys regroup after that dissapointing tie to devils lake.

Well since its Friday, and there is a good chunk of games going on this weekend I'll throw out some predictions instead of arguing about the quality of players a team has.

Friday:

Devils Lake over Hazen

Jamestown over Fargo North

Minot over Dickinson

Saturday:

Hazen over Bottineau

Fargo South ties Red River

Grafton over Wahpeton

Devils Lake over Williston

Bismarck high over Century

West Fargo over Mandan

Those four superstars have combined for a stellar 33 points this season, which has them tied for 3rd in the state in scoring.

I never said they are tearing up the league. Their numbers are nothing to brag about, your right. That doesn't make them bad players

Well since its Friday, and there is a good chunk of games going on this weekend I'll throw out some predictions instead of arguing about the quality of players a team has.

Friday:

Devils Lake over Hazen

Minot over Dickinson

Saturday:

Hazen over Bottineau

Grafton over Wahpeton

West Fargo over Mandan

Looks about right, South shoud take home the 2 points though.

Bismarck 9-3 over Mandan. Ross Monson(he looked very good, and I believe he was one of the leaders on their team in points) had something like 4 or 5 goals and had some nice moves. I don't believe Michael Hillman played either.

Monson dominated , Justin Connel also looked good. word at the rink was Hillman is sick but would be back for the Centuty game

Friday:

Devils Lake over Hazen

Minot over Dickinson

Saturday:

Hazen over Bottineau

Grafton over Wahpeton

West Fargo over Mandan

Looks pretty good except i would take North over Jamestown, South over RR, and Williston over DL

Those four superstars have combined for a stellar 33 points this season, which has them tied for 3rd in the state in scoring.

When it comes to numbers and statistics there are many ways in which a person might intend to provide insight but in the end really provide none at all. One way that we see often on this board is to cite a statistic and say something like, "He has the best GAA therefore is the best goalie" - without any attention to strength of schedule, etc. We see a similar type of analysis above with the (clever?) totaling of points from players in two different leagues (east and west) and then using it to put down some high school kids. Again, I find it hard to understand why people take apparent pleasure in this type of activity. If you are such an expert on high school hockey and you want to run kids down by name then add your name at the end. It takes a lot of courage to knock kids who go out and play the game in front of everyone while people like you hide in the shadows and criticize them.

When it comes to numbers and statistics there are many ways in which a person might intend to provide insight but in the end really provide none at all. One way that we see often on this board is to cite a statistic and say something like, "He has the best GAA therefore is the best goalie" - without any attention to strength of schedule, etc. We see a similar type of analysis above with the (clever?) totaling of points from players in two different leagues (east and west) and then using it to put down some high school kids. Again, I find it hard to understand why people take apparent pleasure in this type of activity. If you are such an expert on high school hockey and you want to run kids down by name then add your name at the end. It takes a lot of courage to knock kids who go out and play the game in front of everyone while people like you hide in the shadows and criticize them.

In some cases, numbers do not provide proof of who is good or not, but in this case it does. Four players who are called by some to be some of the top players in the state should be leading their team to victories. Its not like they're all playing on seperate lines with a bunch of kids who cant skate. I don't know North's exact line combinations, but if two out of three kids on the line are either Klein, Klenow, Bombenger, or Fischer, then they should be producing something that resembles an offense, which they clearly have not. I'm sure these kids are talented players (not great, great players make people around them better) and I did nothing to question their character. My guess is that 95% of the people who post on this board played sports in high school, which would then constitue playing in front of a crowd. My point is this- these players have done nothing to show me that they are top level players in the state of North Dakota. Top level players lead their teams to victories against teams that aren't terrible. Winning games includes one key element- scoring goals. To show my point (and using ND Pride's method) I went through and looked at everyone's goals scored statistic, throwing out the highest single game total. And you know what I found? North is tied for fewest goals in the state in non-Wahpeton games (19). I'm not calling them bad players, I'm just showing you the reason why I think that these players are nothing special and should not be talked about as being tops in the state.

And as for the question of them making the tournament and select teams every year I ask this - If they are so good to be making these teams every year, why is North 4-10 and they are producing very little?

PS- And just for fun, why dont you (ND Pride) start putting YOUR name at the end of posts, to show everyone where you're coming from.

In some cases, numbers do not provide proof of who is good or not, but in this case it does. Four players who are called by some to be some of the top players in the state should be leading their team to victories. Its not like they're all playing on seperate lines with a bunch of kids who cant skate. I don't know North's exact line combinations, but if two out of three kids on the line are either Klein, Klenow, Bombenger, or Fischer, then they should be producing something that resembles an offense, which they clearly have not. I'm sure these kids are talented players (not great, great players make people around them better) and I did nothing to question their character. My guess is that 95% of the people who post on this board played sports in high school, which would then constitue playing in front of a crowd. My point is this- these players have done nothing to show me that they are top level players in the state of North Dakota. Top level players lead their teams to victories against teams that aren't terrible. Winning games includes one key element- scoring goals. To show my point (and using ND Pride's method) I went through and looked at everyone's goals scored statistic, throwing out the highest single game total. And you know what I found? North is tied for fewest goals in the state in non-Wahpeton games (19). I'm not calling them bad players, I'm just showing you the reason why I think that these players are nothing special and should not be talked about as being tops in the state.

And as for the question of them making the tournament and select teams every year I ask this - If they are so good to be making these teams every year, why is North 4-10 and they are producing very little?

PS- And just for fun, why dont you (ND Pride) start putting YOUR name at the end of posts, to show everyone where you're coming from.

- All NDPride is saying is that if your going to rip people you might as well state your name so you don't look like a coward. ( I personally have alot of respect for how Ndpride conducts himself on this site).

- Just because he has a 41 in his name doesn't make him tanner bombenger, I do on the other hand figure he is either a north player or parent of a player, as he knows way to much knowledge of things only team personell or parents of players would know of.

-Ouch, North sqweaks by Whapeton 6-3

- on the other hand..... GF Central has a Whopping 0 players averaging over a point a game. (Curious how the GF hopeful counter this one.)

-I just thought I'd give both sides of the story as I feel I am the only un-biased person on this thread.