SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the scores for Roseau's games this season. They have played three North Dakota teams. Red River and Roseau also have games against common opponents Crookston and EGF.

Tues. Nov. 29 Thief River Falls Away 3 - 4 OT L

Fri. Dec. 2 Blaine Home 4 - 3 W

Sat. Dec. 3 Totino Grace Home 1 - 4 L

Tues. Dec. 6 Crookston Away 5 - 2 W

Sat. Dec. 10 St. Cloud Tech - 1 & 3 pm Home 5 - 2 W

Tues. Dec. 13 Moorhead - 4 & 6 pm Away 3 - 4 OT L

Fri. Dec. 16 Greenway-Coleraine Home 11 - 0 W

Sat. Dec. 17 Hibbing Home 4 - 3 OT W

Thur. Dec. 22 Bemidji Away 7 - 1 W

Wed. Dec. 28 Holiday Classic - Lake of the Woods Home 5 - 1 W

Thur. Dec. 29 Holiday Classic - Jamestown Home 6 - 0 W

Fri. Dec. 30 Holiday Classic - Bismarck Home 6 - 0 W

Thur. Jan. 5 Lake of the Woods Away 8 - 0 W

Sat. Jan. 7 East Grand Forks Away 4 - 3 W

Thur. Jan. 12 Warroad Home 4 - 2 W

Sat. Jan. 14 St. Paul Johnson - 1 & 3 pm Home 7 - 2 W

Tues. Jan. 17 Grand Forks Red River Away 9 - 2 W

Here is the game detail for the Roseau vs Red River game.

ROSEAU 9, GF RED RIVER 2

First period - 1. R, Brian Tveit (Nathan Voll, Craig Turnow) 2:05; 2. R, Brian McMillin (Corey Erickson, Kurt Weston) 7:08; 3. R, Aaron Ness (Ben Nelson, Tyler Landman) 8:17; 4. R, Landman (Dustin Moser, Nelson) 8:29.

Second period - 5. R, Moser (Nelson, Landman) 1:03; 6. R, McMillin (Weston) 6:02; 7. RR, David Spies (Eric Meland, Jarrett Galbreath) 9:57; 8. R, Erickson (John Prelvitz, Weston) 13:24.

Third period - 9. RR, Jeff Bakke (Jake Waind, Jake Lundby) 6:12; 10. R, McMillin (Erickson, Ness) 7:29; 11. R, Weston (Derek Biermaier) 14:05.

Goalie saves - R: Alex Bjerk 9-5-5 - 19; RR: Eli Rosendahl 7-7-x - 14, Pat Arnason x-x-9 - 9.

Is it now safe to say the Deichert from Fargo South is the best goalie in the state? Eli Rosendahl's stats took a hit in the Roseau game last night. His G.A.A. goes from 1.00 to 1.59. His save % dropped from 95.1 to 92.5. What a difference a game makes. His G.A.A. is even higher if he didn't play the entire first two periods. As most of us here know, the G.A.A. is calculated by multiplying the number of goals conceded by 51 (the number of minutes in a high schoool regulation game), and then dividing by the minutes played in net.

In reading the various posts on this board for the past year or two one has to wonder what motivates people like alum05 who get on here and publically tear down players by name while they hide behind an anonymous screen name. It takes a lot of class to engage in that type of behavior.

Maybe the next time you want to demean a team you can at least go to Bob Gillen's site and check out the game schedules so you get all of your facts straight. Of course, people like you are not interested in facts but rather in hiding like a gutless wonder and taking shots at people.

In reading the various posts on this board for the past year or two one has to wonder what motivates people like alum05 who get on here and publically tear down players by name while they hide behind an anonymous screen name. It takes a lot of class to engage in that type of behavior.

Maybe the next time you want to demean a team you can at least go to Bob Gillen's site and check out the game schedules so you get all of your facts straight. Of course, people like you are not interested in facts but rather in hiding like a gutless wonder and taking shots at people.

I echo ND Pride's sentiments. There is no reason to rip high school players who also read this board. If you have something positive to say about a player, great. Otherwise, please keep it to yourself.

the game was at the Roseau Holiday Tournament I beleive Bismarck was manhandled and outshot 45-10

sounds like rosendahl may of had a bit of an off night... 7 goals on 21 shots in 2 periods , I wasnt there so i cant say for sure what his performance was like but ive heard that sophmore goalie they have is pretty good. anyone know anything about him?

sounds like rosendahl may of had a bit of an off night... 7 goals on 21 shots in 2 periods , I wasnt there so i cant say for sure what his performance was like but ive heard that sophmore goalie they have is pretty good. anyone know anything about him?

I think he played on the Elite 2 team this fall and did pretty well but thats all ive heard of him.

Is it now safe to say the Deichert from Fargo South is the best goalie in the state? Eli Rosendahl's stats took a hit in the Roseau game last night. His G.A.A. goes from 1.00 to 1.59. His save % dropped from 95.1 to 92.5. What a difference a game makes. His G.A.A. is even higher if he didn't play the entire first two periods. As most of us here know, the G.A.A. is calculated by multiplying the number of goals conceded by 51 (the number of minutes in a high schoool regulation game), and then dividing by the minutes played in net.

theres still a handfull of goalies who are very talented and no matter what anybody on this forum says none of us have the authority to "crown" any goalie #1 , especially since the season isnt finished , although I think its safe for YOU to say Deichert is the best goalie in the state. Also keep in mind a GAA of 1.59 and SV% of 92.5 is still pretty solid on Rosendahl's part

I wish my first post didn't have to be on a negative subject but since no one else wants to defend Tyler Klein from these bashings, I suppose I will.

As a sophomore Tyler had 22 goals. That mark was 3rd best in the state for goals. Was that a fluke? I don't see how scoring 22 goals can be a fluke. Is his production this season a fluke? I'd say so. North is no better than they were last year, so it's hard to say the table has been titled in Tyler's favor for point production. From my observation Tyler wants to play hockey at the next level, and playing against Wahpeton isn't going to help him get there. I doubt he looks forward to playing against a team thats only option to stop him is to trip him or give him a cheap shot. I could be wrong. Maybe you know him personally and he is out for the goals and the glory, and could care less about his teams W/L's. I doubt it though.

I was able to work with Klenow at a hockey camp this summer and I only have a few things in his defense. Apparently he popped his jersey at the crowd? This doesn't surprise me, being that the only person he talked about all week was Danny Irmen (original jersey popper). After talking to some parents I learned it wasn't as big of deal as some made it. Unlike Danny, Klenow popped his jersey at the North fans. Thats about all I can think of. He is pretty assertive and I'm sure if he catches word of this he'll come defend himself.

If they do see this- Keep working. Everything will fall into place.

I wish my first post didn't have to be on a negative subject but since no one else wants to defend Tyler Klein from these bashings, I suppose I will.

As a sophomore Tyler had 22 goals. That mark was 3rd best in the state for goals. Was that a fluke? I don't see how scoring 22 goals can be a fluke. Is his production this season a fluke? I'd say so. North is no better than they were last year, so it's hard to say the table has been titled in Tyler's favor for point production. From my observation Tyler wants to play hockey at the next level, and playing against Wahpeton isn't going to help him get there. I doubt he looks forward to playing against a team thats only option to stop him is to trip him or give him a cheap shot. I could be wrong. Maybe you know him personally and he is out for the goals and the glory, and could care less about his teams W/L's. I doubt it though.

I was able to work with Klenow at a hockey camp this summer and I only have a few things in his defense. Apparently he popped his jersey at the crowd? This doesn't surprise me, being that the only person he talked about all week was Danny Irmen (original jersey popper). After talking to some parents I learned it wasn't as big of deal as some made it. Unlike Danny, Klenow popped his jersey at the North fans. Thats about all I can think of. He is pretty assertive and I'm sure if he catches word of this he'll come defend himself.

If they do see this- Keep working. Everything will fall into place.

Alum05 your without spine!!!!!

On the other hand, You say that him scoring 22 goals was no fluke... if you were right I would have reason to believe he would have more the 6 points at this point in the season.

First of all, scoring 22 goals in the EDC is not a fluke for anyone. Scoring a hat trick in a game - it certainly can be, but not that volume of goals in the east. I just checked my files and he did have a hat trick against Red River in their second meeting of the year - probably not a fluke against that team- they were eventually state champions. Part of the problem around the state this year, (not at Red River or South) includes the lack of experience at defense. Forwards are simply not going to shine without quality players breaking the puck out of the back and then holding the blue line - stats are down across the state at some schools (Bismarck High, Century, Central, even Red River - this is true for the latter two even with their lower number of games). Part of the issue stems from that total team performance perspective. In addition, as pointed out last summer by others posting on this site, North is easier to defense by opponents because they do not have the kind of line balance that they had during the 04-05 season. These types of things explain, in part, some of the lowered productivity. Again, if you look around you will see other teams with some of the same struggles - kids who had high point totals last year but are not getting the same numbers this year. People who are true fans of the game look for these types of team dynamism/synergy issues in trying to explain player and team performance. Other, less mature indivduals, vomit emotionally based critiques and name calling to presumably boost their own self-esteem.

Something tells me that Red River will come out on top Saturday night. I think that they will rebound nicely. After getting embarrased by Roseau 9-2, they should come out with some fire in their eyes. I say RR wins 3-1. Getting goals by Marc Mihulka, Ryan Ladouceur(PP), and Eric Meland. Souths only goal will be scored by Grant Larson.

Something tells me that Red River will come out on top Saturday night. I think that they will rebound nicely. After getting embarrased by Roseau 9-2, they should come out with some fire in their eyes. I say RR wins 3-1. Getting goals by Marc Mihulka, Ryan Ladouceur(PP), and Eric Meland. Souths only goal will be scored by Grant Larson.

I really think you should post who will be getting the assists on those goals.

Wow it almost seems that you've already seen the game. But if RR is to win this game it will be a 4-3 type game. I just don't see any team this year keeping South to just one goal. According to Gillen's site, South has scored 21 goals against four top-twenty teams in MN. And a total of 77 in 13 games for the season. Plus I think Eli's confidance might be a little down from getting seven goals scored on him but we will have to see and this should be a great game to watch!

Look for South to pick up a hard fought win tomorrow against Crookston who has one of the better goalies in Minnesota A or AA for that matter. Grafton I think will cruise past West Fargo tomorrow night by a 3 goal margin. Then the grand finale Saturday Night The Riders vs. The Bruins in front of a great crowd (I hope) at the John E. Carlson Coliseum. I think these guys will play blood and guts against each other, and I've said it once I've said it 100 times I think Deichert is shaky with those rebounds eventually he has to be bitten by it why not Saturday. Red River in a minor upset 3-2.

Interesting prediction, i especially like the detail.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and call a 2-2 tie. Red River proved they could play with South the last time these teams tangled, and I think that Red River will come out with something to prove in this game after getting embarrassed on Tuesday. Wish I could go to the game....Darn SIOUX!!! :huh:

I also see Central beating West Fargo.