SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sick and tired of you stupid Fargo people always saying that Fargo is better than GF teams. You people just need to realize that GF teams dominate at all levels. Red River and Central arent going anywhere. They both have solid sophmore classes. Last year in the Bantam Tournament GF won and the other GF team took 3rd, if they were in different brackets they probably would have matched up in the championship, and the team that took 3rd(Sugarkings) had two of there best players playing HS hockey, Alex Simonson and Jarrett Galbreath. You Fargo people can cry all you want about how you think GF refs cheat for Central and Red River, and all this other BS. Yeah, South is having a good year but all that matters is who plays there best in late Febuary.

You know I'd really like to type up a nice factual retort to your immature bashing of the entire city of Fargo. But your response would consist of nothing relevent to the conversation and would only give to the chance to continue in your elementary school rant of how "you Fargo people can cry all you want."

We'll see where the banner goes in about 14 games.

You know I'd really like to type up a nice factual retort to your immature bashing of the entire city of Fargo. But your response would consist of nothing relevent to the conversation and would only give to the chance to continue in your elementary school rant of how "you Fargo people can cry all you want."

We'll see where the banner goes in about 14 games.

I cant wait until South goes down in that state tourney, all of you Fargo people will be crying, "I thought that was the year for us."

Kids will be kids, Dave. You don't think that students from South or North have done the same exact thing? Are you trying to tell me that when you were a student, you never said or did one negative thing at a game? Cmon. It happens everywhere and you know it.

Until Fargo schools can prove that they can win championships with teams from Grand Forks they don't deserve the same amount of respect. There's a reason kids transfer from schools like Minot and Fargo to come play for Grand Forks hockey. Because they are both proven programs and have earned the respect of everyone in the state. Fargo programs don't have that respect because, frankly, they just haven't been as good. Until they prove that they can win even 5 out of 10 state tournaments Fargo programs shouldn't be placed on the same level as Grand Forks programs. Not saying that the Fargo teams aren't better, the Fargo programs are just not on the same level.

And about Central being on the same level as Grafton and South for the past 10 or so years? How quickly you forget who has won 2 of the past 3 state tourneys.

Also, have you completely missed what has been happening in the Bantam levels? Who are the two best teams in the state? How about Pee Wees? In which city do the two best teams in the state reside? You say that South will be tough in the next few years, but can you really believe it?

Examples? Sure... for starters, almost every post made by you and "BringDeanBack" over the past couple of years on this topic. In addition to that, just go to any varsity game involving either Central or Red River and pay attention to the kids in the student sections. Granted, every school is going to have their share of kids who behave poorly. But Central and Red River consistently have a much higher percentage of kids making asses out of themselves among the student section than any other school in the state. Can you remember either of those schools ever winning the sportsmanship award at a state hockey tournament ever? I can't. Because of their great tradition of winning teams, the fans have become spoiled brats. They simply don't respect their opponents. When they win they love to run around the rink gloating, but when they lose they get defensive and hostile... challenging students from the other school to fistfights. Surely you've seen it if you've been going to high school hockey games for as long as I have (since the early '80s).

Once again, no specific examples. Just vague references to poor sportsmanship.

Excellent post. I believe they combine the two schools to inflate and distort the numbers. I'll admit Red River has been very impressive since 1987, but Central on the other hand has only three state titles since 1994. Considering that South has two during that same time period and one of Central's three was a fluke 3-2 win over South that featured two goals in the last minute... I think it's more than just a bit inaccurate to portray Central as being vastly superior to South in recent memory. South, Central, and Grafton have all been very even for a very long time. Red River has been consistently better than all of them, but I see South as the up-and-coming program that could very possibly go on a run like the one Red River has enjoyed over the last 20 years and Central for the previous 20. Of course, we all know how mean and bitter the GF zealots will get if that does in fact happen. The GF high school hockey zealots are a lot like the NDSU football zealots. They think that just because they were great in the past, they're entitled to it for life and they'll whine like babies if and when somebody takes it away from them.

Fluke win? I didn't realize that the last minute of a game shouldn't count. That was no fluke win my friend, it is called a choke. A term that South has become familiar wtih.

Considering the numbers struggle that Central has had for the last ten years, it is amazing that they have won those two titles. If I am not mistaken, they were in the championship game and lost at least another three to four times since 1994. Not exactly the fall of Rome.

Examples? Sure... for starters, almost every post made by you and "BringDeanBack" over the past couple of years on this topic. In addition to that, just go to any varsity game involving either Central or Red River and pay attention to the kids in the student sections. Granted, every school is going to have their share of kids who behave poorly. But Central and Red River consistently have a much higher percentage of kids making asses out of themselves among the student section than any other school in the state. Can you remember either of those schools ever winning the sportsmanship award at a state hockey tournament ever? I can't. Because of their great tradition of winning teams, the fans have become spoiled brats. They simply don't respect their opponents. When they win they love to run around the rink gloating, but when they lose they get defensive and hostile... challenging students from the other school to fistfights. Surely you've seen it if you've been going to high school hockey games for as long as I have (since the early '80s).

Just because you and I don't agree makes me a poor sport??? Give me a break.

My son plays for a B team that to be completely unbiased is not extremely talented. The A teams in Fargo, on the other hand, are vastly superior to any of the other A teams I have seen them play against. I have no personal bias involved as my son is not on one of the A teams. Just calling it as I see it.

Excellent post. I believe they combine the two schools to inflate and distort the numbers. I'll admit Red River has been very impressive since 1987, but Central on the other hand has only three state titles since 1994. Considering that South has two during that same time period and one of Central's three was a fluke 3-2 win over South that featured two goals in the last minute... I think it's more than just a bit inaccurate to portray Central as being vastly superior to South in recent memory. South, Central, and Grafton have all been very even for a very long time. Red River has been consistently better than all of them, but I see South as the up-and-coming program that could very possibly go on a run like the one Red River has enjoyed over the last 20 years and Central for the previous 20. Of course, we all know how mean and bitter the GF zealots will get if that does in fact happen. The GF high school hockey zealots are a lot like the NDSU football zealots. They think that just because they were great in the past, they're entitled to it for life and they'll whine like babies if and when somebody takes it away from them.

DaveK, you speak out of both sides of your mouth. In one post you are comparing FARGO schools to all other schools and in the next breath you are say we need to compare FS to RR or CHS? Let me know the rules of the game as to what we can compare and not compare....

And by the way, my definition of a poor sport is when someone whines and makes excuses when things don't go there way. Have you looked in the mirror lately?

I may be wrong but the sportsmanship award is not for the fans as much as the players. You may be thinking of the Spirit Award which they dont give to the winning team very often., This would explain why Grand Forks doesnt get it. Noone cares about the sportsmanship award for that matter. You are there to win the State Hockey Tournament, not the spirit award? There is a seperate state tournament for the cheerleaders.

What happened? They were upset in the semis by an inferior team. That's why they play the games. I'm not saying South will win 6 consecutive state titles, but don't be surprised if they win 4 of the next 6 or 7 of the next 10. When was the last time a GF team beat the Moorhead Spuds, or even had the guts to play them?

I'm pretty sure that the athletic director selects the schedules for the teams in GF. The coaches have no voice in who they play.

I cant wait until South goes down in that state tourney, all of you Fargo people will be crying, "I thought that was the year for us."

Thanks for making my point for me HockeyMan25.

But your response would consist of nothing relevent to the conversation and would only give to the chance to continue in your elementary school rant of how "you Fargo people can cry all you want."

your reply...

all of you Fargo people will be crying, "I thought that was the year for us."

Maybe I had you all wrong. Your intelligence level may be higher than I had once perceived :lol:

If you would have seen the awards last year for the ND State Tournament Red River won the spirit award. They didn't announce it on the intercom because a rumor was spread that cancelled RR from winning the award. I don't want to state this rumor on this page because it will create a big hassel and another argument.

Can't we all agree to disagree?:lol:?

Does RR or Central play anymore MN teams this year?

Red River will play Roseau on 1/17 and East Grand on 1/31 (again - won their first encoutner 2-0). Central will play East Grand on 1/14 (again - lost their first encounter 0-5) and Warrroad on 2/7.

If you would have seen the awards last year for the ND State Tournament Red River won the spirit award. They didn't announce it on the intercom because a rumor was spread that cancelled RR from winning the award. I don't want to state this rumor on this page because it will create a big hassel and another argument.

Now you have to state it.

I am agian having trouble understanding this.... DaveK comes on and says it looks like south is turning a corner..... Then some putz comes on and starts talking about the Grand forks peewee and bantam teams...... Dave comes back and says well they've gotten 2nd, 3rd and now are once agian a top team in the state..... Then another moron comes on and lists the past champions and groups the two grandforks teams into a catagory.... Then hockeyman25 enlightens us all with his last pathetic comment.

You're not a poor sport because we disagree, you're a poor sport because you consistently belittle the Fargo kids who play hockey and then when South steps up to the plate and proves they have the best team you make excuses and refuse to give them the credit they deserve.

Please show me where I have ever belittled the Fargo hockey program. All I have said is that past history indicates that GF has been more successful....nothing more nothing less. Please show me where I have been disrespectful towards the Fargo program.

Last year Red River proved they were the #1 team as they won the state championship. This year, right now Fargo South appears to be in the driver's seat to win that championship but that is not a forgone certainty as they need to play the state tourney.

It seems you want us to annoint FS as the premier team now and into the future and that just ain't going to happen. Maybe when you have rattled a few titles off then you will be able to make your argument but at this point in time, you argument is very weak.

You're not a poor sport because we disagree, you're a poor sport because you consistently belittle the Fargo kids who play hockey and then when South steps up to the plate and proves they have the best team you make excuses and refuse to give them the credit they deserve.

Not one time, did anyone not give credit to South. Yeah sure they are having a great year and I think they will one the state title. But all that matters is that State Tourney. Noone is going to care what they did in the season.

I am agian having trouble understanding this.... DaveK comes on and says it looks like south is turning a corner..... Then some putz comes on and starts talking about the Grand forks peewee and bantam teams...... Dave comes back and says well they've gotten 2nd, 3rd and now are once agian a top team in the state..... Then another moron comes on and lists the past champions and groups the two grandforks teams into a catagory.... Then hockeyman25 enlightens us all with his last pathetic comment.

Hey dumb-#$$ that is the beauty of this web-site - you don't have to read what you don't want to. Let's not resort to calling people putzs and morons. :lol: