SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

Here is what I understand what happened:

1) Wilson was pissed because Wahpeton did not play on Tuesday because they didn't have a goalie. Wahpeton used the weather (which was much worse thursday than tuesday) as an excuse not to play, but the truth is they didn't have a goalie.

2) Wilson is using goal differential as a tie breaker as an excuse. :silly:

3) In the 3rd period the 4th line played as the 1st, 3rd as second, ect.

4) Wilson said he wanted to showcase his top talent. :lol: Maybe there were some scouts in the crowd (hard to believe).

5) As already stated kids will try their hardest if on the ice.

I'm certainly not going to defend fargo south but I have from a good source that these were Wilson's reasons.

FYI, karma bit south a little as Weisgarber twicked his groin in the 3rd. Apparently not a serious injury but a scary one if you're a south fan.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought. I highly doubt coaches take much consideration to how 3rd and 4th liners play against Wahpeton. Thats not when they fight for spots. What South did to Wahpeton is a disgrace to the game and I wish we could send South to the Academy of Holy Angels so they could learn how it feels. On a side note, this type of classless play is uncommon for this group of South players, in my mind at least. Many of the players on North and South are pretty good friends and even when South had the game won at 4-0 with little time to play, when they scored they rubbed it in Norths face. Uncalled for.

It is? Unless it is a message board for Solen High School or Stanton High School and no one bothered to let anyone else in on the gag, I think you are mistaken.

A link to a REAL HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY MESSAGE BOARD can be found here.

WOOOW! Great high school hockey message board. Too bad its not in use evey day. I aslo like how cheap looking it looks compared to www.siouxsports.com.

To any GF people who might suggest that South is classless to beat Wahpeton 26-0, I would like to remind you that Central beat West Fargo 20-0 back in the 1983-84 season. I realize that's six fewer goals, but still enough to suggest they were running the score up. It's just unfortunate that teams that far apart in talent are scheduled to play each other.

Does anyone care about the 1983-84 win by Central. Way to know your stuff I guess.

Just a thought. I highly doubt coaches take much consideration to how 3rd and 4th liners play against Wahpeton. Thats not when they fight for spots. What South did to Wahpeton is a disgrace to the game and I wish we could send South to the Academy of Holy Angels so they could learn how it feels. On a side note, this type of classless play is uncommon for this group of South players, in my mind at least. Many of the players on North and South are pretty good friends and even when South had the game won at 4-0 with little time to play, when they scored they rubbed it in Norths face. Uncalled for.

Ok first of all I guarentee that if South played Holy Angles it wouldn't be anywhere close to 26-0. That game wasnt a disgrace to the game of hockey, sometimes thats just how things go. Ya the score was ran up high but what did the players of Whapeton do in the offseason to prevent that...most likely nothing, when was the last time you saw a Whapeton player on a select team or summer team? I was at the game, and the score couldve been a lot worse but the players did try to keep it down a little, in those situations its tough to play hockey for ten or so years and not be able to shoot on net. And when is scoring on someone when your up 4-0 uncalled for??? its hockey!!

WOOOW! Great high school hockey message board. Too bad its not in use evey day. I aslo like how cheap looking it looks compared to www.siouxsports.com.

I have to agree with you - that board is a slow one - not much being posted on the North Dakota thread. I think a site administrator sets up pre-established threads to try and get things going but it does not generate much interest. Siouxsports.com is a great site and is a logical outlet because more people know about it. Theoretically it would be great to go to that High School Hockey Message Board but the high school hockey thread that Siouxsports lets people use serves the purpose well.

I think the doctrinare folks who say this is only for Sioux hockey are missing a benefit of a high school hockey thread on a college hockey site. It attracts more people to the site and can potentially draw more people into the college threads. In that sense it helps to promote Sioux hockey. Still, the presence of a high school thread does nothing to harm the functionality of the overall site - but still some people occasionally complain about it. Clayton is not necessarily complaining - just pointing out the fact that there is a real high school hockey site somewhere else on the internet. Siouxsports is far better than that one though. From a marketing perspective a high school thread on North Dakota high school hockey is better off here than somewhere else - unless the goal is to minimize user growth on this site.

We are fortunate to have such a great site for a high school hockey thread. I hope everyone behaves so we can keep it as it has been shut down on occasion when a few people lose their civility.

First off... Roper , try not to make it so obvious that you play for South. Second, I think Haas makes a good point about how other teams have two games to rack up points against wahp or shanley and South only plays each once. Another good point made by Puckhead about Wahpeton players doing nothing in the offseason to turn their program around and eliminate these embarassments. And third, I would expect North and South to have a rather intense rivalry. If these assumptions are correct, why would South pack it in after it was only 4-0. Can you imagine the Sioux being up 4-0 on the Gophers then letting up just because they have a reasonable lead, come on specifics.

First off... Roper , try not to make it so obvious that you play for South. Second, I think Haas makes a good point about how other teams have two games to rack up points against wahp or shanley and South only plays each once. Another good point made by Puckhead about Wahpeton players doing nothing in the offseason to turn their program around and eliminate these embarassments. And third, I would expect North and South to have a rather intense rivalry. If these assumptions are correct, why would South pack it in after it was only 4-0. Can you imagine the Sioux being up 4-0 on the Gophers then letting up just because they have a reasonable lead, come on specifics.

My point was not that they should not keep scoring against North, of course they should when it's 4-0, 5-0, 6-0, 7-0, 8-0, 9-0, and even 10-0. They should not however rub it in the faces of the players. With about 4 minutes left a south player was called for unsportsmanlike conduct when he skated by Norths bench after a goal and went for high fives. Try and convince me that you'll see that in a Gopher/ Sioux game (4 minutes left, 4-0). Let's say what South did against Wahpeton was justified. Lets say South has been having trouble scoring this season and they were exercising some of there frustrations... Okay. But that's not the case. You don't know how hard those Wahpeton players work in the off-season, and neither do I. Maybe one or two of them worked really hard last summer. A great work ethic for 3 months will not make a Wahpeton into a high caliber team. Does any one deserve to lose 26-0? It was 19-0 going into the third. Have your top two lines sit on the bench and retape there sticks, they should not play. Make 20 passes before a shot, and every shot you take before twenty passes is one crusher. Figure something out.

Maybe a South Holy Angels game wouldnt be 26-0. It probably wouldnt. But I want South to know how it feels to be down 10-0 and have Jay Barribal skate by there bench asking for high fives.

My point was not that they should not keep scoring against North, of course they should when it's 4-0, 5-0, 6-0, 7-0, 8-0, 9-0, and even 10-0. They should not however rub it in the faces of the players. With about 4 minutes left a south player was called for unsportsmanlike conduct when he skated by Norths bench after a goal and went for high fives. Try and convince me that you'll see that in a Gopher/ Sioux game (4 minutes left, 4-0). Let's say what South did against Wahpeton was justified. Lets say South has been having trouble scoring this season and they were exercising some of there frustrations... Okay. But that's not the case. You don't know how hard those Wahpeton players work in the off-season, and neither do I. Maybe one or two of them worked really hard last summer. A great work ethic for 3 months will not make a Wahpeton into a high caliber team. Does any one deserve to lose 26-0? It was 19-0 going into the third. Have your top two lines sit on the bench and retape there sticks, they should not play. Make 20 passes before a shot, and every shot you take before twenty passes is one crusher. Figure something out.

Maybe a South Holy Angels game wouldnt be 26-0. It probably wouldnt. But I want South to know how it feels to be down 10-0 and have Jay Barribal skate by there bench asking for high fives.

Don't expect anyone to feel bad for you because your team sucks. And just to clarify, he didn't try to get high fives from your team, he pulled on the front of his jersey just as Danny Irmen did, ironically, in the Sioux/Gopher game the night before. One more thing... why should some players (ahem, NORTH) go and try their hardest against wahp (twice) and have some individuals score, oh say, six points against them each game, but when players from South, who are better, do it and it's so bad? All points count the same on Gillen's website even if they shouldn't, and it's unfair for certain players to score all their points against wahp while the good teams are playing better competition. You know exactly what I'm talking about Specifics. Quit complaining.

p.s. Almost the entire South team should know how it feels to get whipped as it happened last year against Moorhead. There's nothing you can do about it. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Acuatlly you should get your facts right, he got the unsportmanlike because he pulled a Danny Irmen and grabbed his "B" on his jearsy to the North fans, he didnt attempt to high five the North players, plus its a rivalry, the teams hate each other along with the fans. No one deserves to loose 26-0 but when the best team in the state playes the worst thats what could happen. The top two lines only played one or two shifts in the third, and my point earlier was that they only got 4 goals out of the 26, so its not like they made a huge impact. And do you really think that any other team in the state would try to make 20 even 10 passes before scoring... I dont think so. I have never seen a Red River or a Central or a North ever stop trying to score in my life. And i dont see why everyone is ripping on South to stop scoring when North kept pouring it on in the third and didnt look like they were trying to stop or make 20 passes either. Im sure that they wouldve kept scoring if they wouldve had more time. Any team would do the same, im not trying to start anything against North, im just using them as an example and trying to show that South shouldnt get all this crap for somthing that will continure to happen. Especially with Grafton and RR. All of these teams have class its just that they're so good and when they play a team like Whapeton its inevitable.

WF-5 Wahp-3

Looks like they learned how to read in West Fargo today, because they obviously saw the 25-0 score in the forum. That's the only feasible explanation I can come up with. From what I heard they outplayed Central on Tuesday to about tank one to the mighty BW Blades tonight? This week they took 2 steps forward and about 8 back.

Any word on Grafton-Shanley tonight?

WF-5 Wahp-3

Looks like they learned how to read in West Fargo today, because they obviously saw the 25-0 score in the forum. That's the only feasible explanation I can come up with. From what I heard they outplayed Central on Tuesday to about tank one to the mighty BW Blades tonight? This week they took 2 steps forward and about 8 back.

Any word on Grafton-Shanley tonight?

How is 5-3 even possible after beating Central?

I know this is a ND HS hockey site but can anyone tell me how the heck Park Rapids beat EGF last night? They are not very good. Detroit Lakes beat them Tuesday night and held out some of their better kids for a good part of the third period. Park Rapids got beat last week by a very poor St. Bernard's team in St. Paul. I thought EGF was supposed to be pretty good.