SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never say never. Watching Kringstad play the last four years has been really a treat. A very animated goaltender who makes some dumb saves look quite easy. The best thing he has going is his quickness, and the fact that he never gives up on a play. If GPR wins a state title this season it will be because of him.

Was going to bring my son up to watch the FS/GPR game but we got a late start and decided against it...

I was getting updates from my brother after each period though and from it sounded like, the fans were treated to some great highschool hockey...

I'm getting the sense that the East is panning out like its RedRiver, Fargo South, Grafton, and then everyone else a ways behind.. Anyone get the same feeling?

I think Kringstad is a good. He has only gotten better every year which is shown by off season work outs and camps. Be nice to see him play somewhere after High School. Anyone thing he has a chance of doing it?

I think Kringstad is a good, too. I don't thing he'll have a chance, he gives up way too many rebounds.

I think Kringstad is a good, too. I don't thing he'll have a chance, he gives up way too many rebounds.

I totally agree with that. From what i heard most of the shots that South took there was a rebound and a good scoring chance with it. The South players just werent in the right spot at the right time.

South is deep on defense and Galt leads that crew. Based on his performance in the Elite I league, not to mention the last high school season, he is the top defenseman. You may pick South's top four "d" on your team but my pick, after Galt, would be Andy Petersen of Grafton. He was the top rated defenseman in the 1988 group for the USA Hockey National Festival Select 14s, 15s and 16s. A different set of coaches rated these kids each year so that is as "objective" as you can get as an indicator of player quality.

What i was meaning by my post was i would take Souths top four defensemen over any other teams top four, not individually. Sorry for the confusion

West Fargo 3 Central 2

I was pleased that I decided to attend this game. West Fargo showed a lot of maturity in the game, and could have easily won the game by a couple more goals had they converted on the powerplay. Central flat out took too many penalties, and didn't have any real good scoring opportunites besides the first goal (the second goal was a fluke goal).

Remember the name Tyler Swanson. The kid is a sophomore defenseman for West Fargo and scored the gamewinning goal on a breakaway where had the puck in his own end and outraced a central defender all the way down the ice and sniped the Central goaltender. It was one of the better hustle play goals I've ever seen, and the fact that it came from a Sophomore.... :0

This game wasn't a fluke, I think West Fargo is a better hockey team.

I totally agree with that. From what i heard most of the shots that South took there was a rebound and a good scoring chance with it. The South players just werent in the right spot at the right time.

Boy, I was there and I don't recall thinking that he had a rebound problem. He made key glove saves in the third on shots targeted for the top shelf, but if he gave up rebounds it wasn't so much the South players weren't in the right place as much as the rebound was turned to the side.

Just my recollection.

Never say never. Watching Kringstad play the last four years has been really a treat. A very animated goaltender who makes some dumb saves look quite easy. The best thing he has going is his quickness, and the fact that he never gives up on a play. If GPR wins a state title this season it will be because of him.

There is no way in hell that Grafton will win the state tournament. They do not have the depth of Fargo South or Red River to carry them through the EDC and State tournaments. The Campbell's will not be able to carry the scoring for much longer because teams will catch on that all you have to do is shadow that line and Grafton will not score. Kringstad is a good goalie but I don't think he has the ability to carry his team to a state championship crown. Grafton will be lucky to get to the State Championship game.

I've heard from a better source that the rumor is false. It would be a great place to play hockey, however. If he could get picked up by a junior A team it would be an easier move than transferring to Red River.

Yes that is what I mean. I made a mistake by not clarifying what I meant. If he doesn't go and play juniors next year he might come and play for Red River. Fargo North doesn't look like they will be any better next year from what I have seen. I don't know what choice his parents would make though.

Well, his team is struggling this year and most likely will next year. Tough problem for some players if they cannot get enough support to show all of their skills. I have heard no confirmation of any possibility of a transfer even if he does not try the junior route early. Best thing is to try and focus on being as successful as possible during the season at hand.

Nice job by West Fargo the other night. That sure throws the middle of the EDC pack into perhaps even more confusion. Should be interesting to see which teams rise up within that second tier behind South, Red River and Grafton.

Well, his team is struggling this year and most likely will next year. Tough problem for some players if they cannot get enough support to show all of their skills. I have heard no confirmation of any possibility of a transfer even if he does not try the junior route early. Best thing is to try and focus on being as successful as possible during the season at hand.

Nice job by West Fargo the other night. That sure throws the middle of the EDC pack into perhaps even more confusion. Should be interesting to see which teams rise up within that second tier behind South, Red River and Grafton.

I think it's a pretty safe bet on him playing high school next year. I would be very surprised if he were to be picked up by a junior team.

There is no way in hell that Grafton will win the state tournament. They do not have the depth of Fargo South or Red River to carry them through the EDC and State tournaments. The Campbell's will not be able to carry the scoring for much longer because teams will catch on that all you have to do is shadow that line and Grafton will not score. Kringstad is a good goalie but I don't think he has the ability to carry his team to a state championship crown. Grafton will be lucky to get to the State Championship game.

The dye must have seeped into your head,,,,,,,lol

this is long overdue by me so i apologize for being tardy, but the people on here that say last years rr victory over north to get into state was by a refs doing is absurd. point well taken that a ref can be in a bad position during a game and make the wrong call, as referred to by nd pride in his game situations. but, none of the goals were by that chance happening. both teams had equal opportunities on power plays. if all of the people out there still refuse this fact just because your team cannot set up their own dynasty, such as the gf schools, then realize that a goal that should have been counted for rr was WAVED OFF by none other than a gf ref. chew on that for awhile. also i would like to touch up on some comments made about SID THE KID earlier. granted, he is a very talented hockey player. but i would like those who commented on this to get back to me on how they think he is so great because if you follow nhl hockey, you will know that he should never even get close to touching the calder trophy. he shouldnt even look at it. he is on a veteran line with either palffy or recchi and yet is still not leader in points, as he is currently behind ovechkin. ovechkin, on the other hand is his own line and has the same or a few more points (last update). both are on lackluster teams which can describe the negative +- but crosby has -11 and they have a better record . Wheres the defense??? also they should quit interviewing him when other people score and he doesnt. i know this is all about high school hockey, so ill get off my pedestal. please respond back and i have don cherry on my side as he doesnt like him either so it better be good. dion phaneuf is better as well. i also heard that mihulka is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right fists. any truth to this??

Edited by jagrfan68

this is long overdue by me so i apologize for being tardy, but the people on here that say last years rr victory over north to get into state was by a refs doing is absurd. point well taken that a ref can be in a bad position during a game and make the wrong call, as referred to by nd pride in his game situations. but, none of the goals were by that chance happening. both teams had equal opportunities on power plays. if all of the people out there still refuse this fact just because your team cannot set up their own dynasty, such as the gf schools, then realize that a goal that should have been counted for rr was WAVED OFF by none other than a gf ref. chew on that for awhile. also i would like to touch up on some comments made about SID THE KID earlier. granted, he is a very talented hockey player. but i would like those who commented on this to get back to me on how they think he is so great because if you follow nhl hockey, you will know that he should never even get close to touching the calder trophy. he shouldnt even look at it. he is on a veteran line with either palffy or recchi and yet is still not leader in points, as he is currently behind ovechkin. ovechkin, on the other hand is his own line and has the same or a few more points (last update). both are on lackluster teams which can describe the negative +- but crosby has -11 and they have a better record . Wheres the defense??? also they should quit interviewing him when other people score and he doesnt. i know this is all about high school hockey, so ill get off my pedestal. please respond back and i have don cherry on my side as he doesnt like him either so it better be good. dion phaneuf is better as well. i also heard that mihulka is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right fists. any truth to this??
apology accepted

West Fargo 3 Central 2

I was pleased that I decided to attend this game. West Fargo showed a lot of maturity in the game, and could have easily won the game by a couple more goals had they converted on the powerplay. Central flat out took too many penalties, and didn't have any real good scoring opportunites besides the first goal (the second goal was a fluke goal).

Remember the name Tyler Swanson. The kid is a sophomore defenseman for West Fargo and scored the gamewinning goal on a breakaway where had the puck in his own end and outraced a central defender all the way down the ice and sniped the Central goaltender. It was one of the better hustle play goals I've ever seen, and the fact that it came from a Sophomore.... :D

This game wasn't a fluke, I think West Fargo is a better hockey team.

The play on Swanson's goal (the game winner, if I remember) was offside. He came down on a 2-on-1, and the linesman missed the call. I was sitting directly in line with the blue line at the time. No question they were offside.

Also, I don't know if they could have "easily won the game by a couple more goals had they converted on the powerplay." Central didn't get a call all night, until the last couple minutes when it seemed redbeard and his lackey called some make-ups.

That being said, GFC didn't play that great, and WF played pretty good. They were able to wear down the Knights by rolling all four lines most of the game, and by never having kill off any penalties.

Have you ever watched Sidney Crosby play? If so your vision is blurred. Crosby works at both ends of the rink and is the only player on the ice that never gives up on the play. Recchi and Pallfy are the lucky ones, not Sidney. Crosby makes that line what it is, that's why he's leading his team in points. 31 points in 31 games. Ovechkin is two years older than Crosby, technically he is a rookie, but developmental wise, hardly. I've never once heard Wayne Gretzky talk about Ovechkin breaking his records, maybe that tells you something about Crosby. I'll finish this post later.

The play on Swanson's goal (the game winner, if I remember) was offside. He came down on a 2-on-1, and the linesman missed the call. I was sitting directly in line with the blue line at the time. No question they were offside.

Also, I don't know if they could have "easily won the game by a couple more goals had they converted on the powerplay." Central didn't get a call all night, until the last couple minutes when it seemed redbeard and his lackey called some make-ups.

That being said, GFC didn't play that great, and WF played pretty good. They were able to wear down the Knights by rolling all four lines most of the game, and by never having kill off any penalties.

Whether the play was offsides or not (I was on the far side, and if I remember it correctly it was pretty much a 2-0 becasue Swanson outraced the Central defender) you have to admit it was one helluva goal. ;)

West Fargo had a 5-3 for about 1:30 and didn't score because of Shane's goaltending, and some other chances that Shane stuffed. Central's second goal came on a play where the West Fargo goaltender made a mistake, and I really don't think he had to make any real difficult saves throughout the game. I agree with the assessment that penalties and depth hurt Central in this game, but I still think West Fargo is the better club.

Have you ever watched Sidney Crosby play? If so your vision is blurred. Crosby works at both ends of the rink and is the only player on the ice that never gives up on the play. Recchi and Pallfy are the lucky ones, not Sidney. Crosby makes that line what it is, that's why he's leading his team in points. 31 points in 31 games. Ovechkin is two years older than Crosby, technically he is a rookie, but developmental wise, hardly. I've never once heard Wayne Gretzky talk about Ovechkin breaking his records, maybe that tells you something about Crosby. I'll finish this post later.

Nice post specifics. You make a lot of good points (e.g. Ovechkin is an 85, Crosby and 87, etc). For some additional info on Crosby check out the DVD, "The Making of Sid Crosby." Ultimately, they are both great hockey players and it is a pleasure to have such great young talent in the NHL - I would rather enjoy watching each of them play than try and determine which one is better.

Actually Jagrfan68 I did check back on this thread and there has been almost nothing said about Crosby previous to today. You ask people to comment on why he is so great......I'd say just do a web search and see what is said about him. I have no vested interest in defending or promoting him - all I know is what others say - and from what I have read (although I did see him play in person at Shattuck a couple of years ago) - they say a lot of positives. If you think there are better rookie players I have no problem with that - I don't see why anyone on this board needs to explain why he is a good player when it is a well established fact among people who know a ton more about hockey than anyone posting on this board.