SiouxSports.com Forum

REA working it's magic

jimdahl

http://www.adn.com/sports/story/2239923p-2306588c.html

Story is about an Alaska walkon, Underwood. The interesting quote is:

Underwood's first game as a Seawolf, in Grand Forks, N.D., was a anxiety-filled debut. Opulent Ralph Engelstad Arena, with its 11,400 seats and pregame light show and fireworks, was intimidating for a first-timer. Then the Fighting Sioux scored during Underwood's first shift.

"I don't think I've ever been that nervous for a game in my life," Underwood said. "Their pregame show sure didn't help."

Nice to see that the arena is starting to provide a bit of an intimidation factor to the opponents instead of to our own team :angry:

Doyle Woody of the Anchorage Daily News wrote:

He landed in Fairbanks after he requested a trade from Bismark (N.D.)

If memory serves, this is the same sports reporter who criticized UND for getting UAA players' names wrong on the stat sheets. Maybe he should consult his atlas before attempting to spell the name of North Dakota's capital city. :angry:

SDSUfan: in answer to -- "what else can you do?"

Well, PCM is a fine columnist and photo journalist, to just start the list. Are you thinking of starting a fan club for PCM? I'll sign up!! I take it that since you're interested in what all he can do you'll be our leader? ???:angry:

PCM fan-o-rama -- fan#2

PCM:

So you can spell-- what else can you do?

He takes pictures, too. Cool ones showcasing the fine talents of the UND Fighting Sioux hockey team.

Certainly by the third year, the Sioux will be very comfortable within the fabulous REA and all of it's techno wow factor. More importantly, the new crowd will become even more familiar with the team, and new cheering "traditions" will emerge. It can only get better, folks.

taz