SiouxSports.com Forum

recruiting classes

schmidtdoggydog

Updated Red-Line Report on Recruiting Classes

2. North Dakota: The Fighting Sioux restocked their blue line with a pair of studs they must have smuggled across the Minnesota state line in the trunk of a fast getaway car: Brian Lee and Taylor Chorney. What a heist! Then they got greedy with early-entry star center Jonathan Toews from the Shattuck factory. Throw in efficient defender Zach Jones and a sleeper in slick center Matt Watkins out of the BCHL, and it's a bonanza.

I worked with Taylor Chorney's aunt (who is an elementary teacher in Grand Forks) at the time that Chorney was visiting. She told me that UND was the only school Taylor looked seriously at attending. So, according to family, there really was no heist with Taylor.

I was also supposed to give Taylor his campus tour. I think it was for the better that I didn't. Not that I wouldn't have given Taylor a good tour of the campus... I would be intimidated by Marc, who did show up for the tour.

I worked with Taylor Chorney's aunt (who is an elementary teacher in Grand Forks) at the time that Chorney was visiting. She told me that UND was the only school Taylor looked seriously at attending. So, according to family, there really was no heist with Taylor.

I was also supposed to give Taylor his campus tour. I think it was for the better that I didn't. Not that I wouldn't have given Taylor a good tour of the campus... I would be intimidated by Marc, who did show up for the tour.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've known the Chorney family for several years and from when Taylor was very young all he wanted to do was play sioux hockey and follow in his fathers footsteps at UND.