SiouxSports.com Forum

What is "smack"

greenandgold01

You can have airplanes, we'll take RFID tags.

No doubt that if Fargo's gambles in RFID manufacturing pay out like this one did, that will also be great news for the region economically. However, I still don't understand the need to turn good economic development news for the region into divisive Fargo vs. G.F. smack; please confine that sort of thing to the appropriate sites.

Edited by jimdahl

No doubt that if Fargo's gambles in RFID manufacturing pay out like this one did, that will also be great news for the region economically. However, I still don't understand the need to turn good economic development news for the region into divisive Fargo vs. G.F. smack; please confine that sort of thing to the appropriate sites.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha. Did you see the smiley faces?

You're the one turning it into smack.

Conversation moved here because this is where discussion of posting standards belongs.

The standard we try to use is that posting something solely to try to aggravate/get a rise from other posters is smack/trolling; a commonly identifiable pattern is an attempt to counter a positive statement with an off-topic negative one (e.g. in a discussion about how the hockey team is doing well, an opposing fan countering, "yeah, how'd your equestrian team do?" == irrelevant smack).

Second, I don't really understand the misconception that smack is reduced to non-smack by the addition of smiley faces, but I just don't agree. Rather, I've noticed a strong correlation between smiley faces and the presence of smack.

Comments are welcome.