SiouxSports.com Forum

Nick Fuher

pro17

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this post last Aug. 10, Nick Fuher requested that members of SiouxSports.com refrain from discussing his injury. I know it's a free country and that's why I'm not trying to censor anyone. But with as much as Nick gave to Sioux hockey, shouldn't we respect his wishes?

My question was not meant to sound like over the fence gossip chatter. Regardless of how much he wants to ease back out of the lime light, he was an important part of the Sioux hockey community for four years and before that the GF Central HS hockey community. We all are concerned about his future and how he's doing.

But, I will respect his request.

I think it should be requirement to wear a cage....whenever they get tapped in the face they turn into flippin soccer players and fake an injury to gain the pp.......that has FFFAAAGGG written all over it. That's just my opinion though:)

I think it should be requirement to wear a cage....whenever they get tapped in the face they turn into flippin soccer players and fake an injury to gain the pp.......that has FFFAAAGGG written all over it. That's just my opinion though:)

This isn't about getting "tapped in the face". It's about a permanent eye injury that happened to one of our own. Whatever it has written all over it, so far is a choice that players make.

Thanks for your opinion though. :lol:

Odd, on Coach's Corner last night Cherry was all caught up in a protective flexible cover that goes on the dasher edge, and how it will really help avoid injuries. Shows footage of a number of nasty hits where the players face gets smashed into that edge causing some nasty cuts (Draper one of them). Looks like a great product, but why is the NHL going to great lenghts to protect players faces and eyes by coating the rink in protective coverings, but refuses to require full masks or shields of their players. The tough guy image only goes so far, especially when it gets to eye injuries.

I agree that there should be some kind protection for players, eye shield or full face. They made the change to require helmets to protect from head injuries, and I think that eye or other facial injuries should be the next issue. Why dont the refs have to wear helmets?

My last post had to do with the choices that they can still make in pro hockey, and the post from miles 1416, IMO, was ignorrant. Just my opinoin though.