SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS. DENVER

siouxtatoo42

I just think the Sioux are not going to be denied this year. This team is hungry and I think Denver although a darn good team is ripe for the taking. Hell Bemidji darn near knocked them out in the first game. The key is to contain Gauthier, to me he is the engine to that team. He is a very crafty player and strong on the puck. We have lost 4 games in a row to this team, WE ARE DUE!!!! Payback from last year's painful loss is upon us!

The key is to contain Gauthier, to me he is the engine to that team. He is a very crafty player and strong on the puck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd say Gauthier and Fulghum. Fulghum always seems to play well against us.

Otherwise, I agree. The Sioux are due for a win over the Pioneers.

Remember last season? The Sioux clobbered DU in two games at Denver. Then they clobbered them in a third game at the Ralph. Then DU tied UND in the fourth game at the Ralph. Finally, DU beat UND 1-0 in the NCAAs at Colorado Springs. The Pioneers got a bit better each time they played the Sioux.

How close did the Sioux come to beating DU at the Final Five? If Zajac's "can't miss" shot would have gone in, chances are that the Sioux would have won that game in regulation.

I think the Sioux are a better team than when they last played DU. Certainly, they are healthier, more confident and more rested. I like our chances.

If you look closely, the Denver 2004 National Championship banner clearly said Sioux on it originally. They owe us one banner so I am hereby claiming the 2005 banner for the Fighting Sioux... :ohmy: Besides, we will have more than earned it in the next 24 hours...